Swift-Lite Charcoal

Does anyone have an opinion in swift-lite charcoal? ([url="http://www.swift-lite.com"]www.swift-lite.com[/url]) I have an active wholesale account and can get them cheap. I've only used them for burning incense so someone let me know if they are good for hookah too. Thanks

A hand full of people like them in here, but most of us who use quick
lights use goldens.  I would not say 3 kings are poor mans. They
cost the same if not slightly more than goldens. 

avoid swiftlites at all costs.

They will do 'a' job, but not 'the' job.

Very very smelly coals, and need to be fully lit in order to minimise an effect on the flavour of the tobacco.

They are the lowest standard of coal.

The coals I use are much better, and appear to be the 3 kings coals,
although mine have different writing. As mentioned in another thread.
If that is the case, then the 3 kings are about 300 times better than
the swiftlites, which are simply cheap crap.

if you have no choice, then go with them, but they have to be Fully
lit, and I mean orange for them to impart no flavour on the tobacco.
Millions of people use them as they are the cheapest around.

They are very sparkly as well, and if you leave them in the air too
much (i.e. an open pack), then you'll find that they can be a bit of a
fire hazard

go for them if you have no other option, but when you try others you'll see there is a difference.

It is not unusable, otherwise no-one would by them, but they really are
a budget choice, and if you can avoid them, then don't waste your
money. The are the worst quick-lighting coals on the market. The same
goes for their 'shisha lite' and 'exelsior' brands which are pretty
much identical to all intents and purposes.

swiftlites is all i find here in sweden but today i was around to pic some more up for the vacation (i only have 3 rolls left) but the place where i use to to buy them was closed down and i havent got time to run around all stockholm to find a shop who sells coal
 so now im thinking of order some from the net
 so guys should i go for the golden or the three kings any suggestions?
(thank god that i have half a kilo of noir down at the summerhouse so im not totally out of coal on my vacation)
Alen

ALAS!!  I found a roll of swiftlites in a box with all of my frankincense and myrrh....no I dont do exorcisms....I tried a couple and they do smell  little when you light them, as do most quicklights, but once the black is gone, I couldnt taste any coal flavour. I do want to try these goldens everyone is talking about though.

hey there J.D i use a little blowtorch pen type of thing when i lit the swiftlites and give them a good blow with it and they go red in a couple of sec and it works very well-but the problem now is that i cant find any quicklites at all over here thats why i gonna order some and i think i go with the three kings since ive been reading so much of exploding goldens
 and i found a good bargain from hookah and shisha central(think it was them anyway) 3 -hundred packs for about 39$ ive never had the experience of that swiftlites tastes anything but a little smell that i have noticed but hey ive tried syrian quicklites once and after that even barbeque coals taste good so its gonna be intresting to compare the kings with the swift
take care Alen

Btw just remember last year i was in copenhagen and found a couple of quicklites they were very large ca 45-50 mm and they was from poland and my god they where so awful the whole hookah tasted like sucking on a tailpipeif you ever come across them STAY AWAY