Opd's New Website 7/15/07

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Smiley, you funny guy you!.. Joke is over, we caught on!

Really, it's a joke right?

That website and "business plan" cannot possibly be taken seriously by anyone with an ounce.. NO milligram, of intelligence and respect for the Hookah Community.

I may be young, but I sure AIN'T dumb.

Does it get someone's jollies off when they're able to rip off a new smoker by charging ridiculous prices? Lets have some (excuse me) DAMN respect for the people who smoke, and not assume that we're going to buy something for two times the cost because "Gee Cletus, that thurr bubbly pipe has a purty mouth".

Come on OPD, Smiley, whatever communist party you're working with.. We're educated people, and it's pretty easy to see you're more concerned with money rather than "being a part of the community" as you have said you wanted to be so many times.

I don't see myself caring the slightest bit about what Smiley and OPD do with their super business any longer. At least have the sense to sell Hookahs and drug paraphenalia on different websites. That's not helping the image at all...

jesus the webdesign is horrible. I mean good lord no one would trust or order from a site like that.

hosntly there is a good market for the business model "charge more, people will think its rare and exclusive, make it something unique"

but some how I don't see that working with hookahs, if your not able to help the community gather and support for your product. Were not gonna buy, our favorite hookah bar isn't going to buy, our friends aren't going to buy. This site maybe a small part of the market but at the same time, most of us were ready to buy tons of this product just to support a more local supply. But if its not worth it .. i'll stick to what has been good to me.

I just want to say.. I think that OPD is highly underestimating how much of the market hookahforum.com represents. There are thousands of people who skim through articles here on a regular basis.. In fact I read articles and posts here for months before I ever even registered. Now all of those people who browse and are registered also have say a minumum of 4-5 friends.. They also meet new people quite often while smoking hookah and people want to know "What is it? Where can I get it? What's the best tobacco?"... And the chain continues from there..

Just do the math.. It made my head hurt.

i know (heard) we banned smiley in the past, but can we just give him a temp and get him to personaly explain? i know there is bad blood but if he expects us to ever buy this he needs to explain him self,

i know (heard) we banned smiley in the past, but can we just give him a temp and get him to personaly explain? i know there is bad blood but if he expects us to ever buy this he needs to explain him self,

as far as i know smiley is not banned

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 16 2007, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as far as i know smiley is not banned

I cannot recall Smiley ever being banned.

Looks like i overstepped the mark with my original comment above.

So I apologise to anyone of a sensitive nature who may have been offended by the comment.

However, if the Cap fits - Wear It.

JD

i just think he should be on him self explaining things intsead of sending a henchmen to do it. if tangiers ever took a price increase, sonthert wouldnt disband the community and send sombody else to do it. smiley had loyal customers, and i think he owes it to us.

I've tried calling him from her personal office number several times before this whole debacle occurred. I do not speak for another man but it would seem that he does not want to communicate with the forum. Yet?

By this, I meant Smiley and not OPD.

Edited: For Clarification Edited by ghostofdavid

QUOTE (OPD @ Jul 16 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok..I am done with the boards, if you don't want it, don't buy it..i wish some of you would understand business a lot better before making claims here like you know what I am doing...
thanks for such a good time on the boards.
If you would like to contact me, my info is still the same..
smokeopd@gmail.com
write me personally, please...

Ok, not as if you are going to read this, and if you are, welcome back, oh and BTW, this post is not a threat to you, and is not a personal attack.

In response to your above statement. If you choose to leave, that's fine, re-read everything and all the drama you created in the 1 week that you have been here. If you are able to follow it from a third point of view, all you did was insult a whole group of people by insinuating they are sheep for the slaughter. All we did was correct your misunderstanding on how stupid you think we are. We asked you genuine questions, you responded with hazy quality clouds. You read posts as personal attacks, but yet, would not respond to the questions you were being asked in a calm collected way, but again redirect with a statement like "It's a high quality product". C'mon man, you're a human. And you can't tell me, reading over the crap you were feeding us, that even you wouldn't be pissed off. I had people who don't even smoke a hookah, read over that whole weeks worth of posts and couldn't believe the way you were responding to us. And then you wonder why we don't just welcome you with open arms and eyes wide shut.

I took a business course in college. I have to say that I didn't pass it with flying colors, but I passed it none the less. And no, while I may not understand "your" business world, heres what I do understand. When I want to buy something, and I search for prices on something, the lower the better. Apparently, your grasp of business is so great that the runners of every other hookah sites are losing tons of profit not charging the right price. Why is it I can Google a Mya Saray QT on 8 sites which range between 40-60 dollars. Yet, yours gets priced at 89.95. Not even MYA has them priced that high and they are who MAKE them. Why? Is it to scare people? Is it to prey on the feeble and ignorant? Or maybe these aren't what you are selling them for? But if thats the case, why list it like that? You are only hurting yourself. Why do you have to charge a high price, we all know why you have the price of shisha so high "It's a quality product" you beat that horse to death. But you don't make hookahs, coals, or hoses, so why the markup? Whats the strategy there. I may not be a business major, but I do know that anyone with one iota of Internet searching ability would not be buying on such a markup.

You are welcome for the lovely experience which you brought upon yourself. You have no one to complain to but the reflection in the mirror. I told you in the beginning you have the power to fix it, and yet, you did as predicted, and pissed it all away. This community was scarred from the get go, you being such close friends with Roger, I'm sure he would have mentioned it, if he didn't, maybe he set you up to be the fall guy in the first place. You made a half-hearted attempt with some samples, but you didn't handle it even close to what your potential was. I can only hope that the clients you do eventually find as a stable base, do not come across these forum posts as they may tarnish the image.

I wish you well in whatever your "Business" ends up doing. Apparently you are not finished putting your Uber company together and hopefully, someday in the future, you will "WOW" us with the excellent understanding of the world that you run every day, with a site that offers great products at competitive prices with wonderful customer service relations and a friendly pat on the ass. But until that day comes, you got your work cut out for you. Good luck, and Godspeed.

QUOTE (Shifty @ Jul 16 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (OPD @ Jul 16 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok..I am done with the boards, if you don't want it, don't buy it..i wish some of you would understand business a lot better before making claims here like you know what I am doing...
thanks for such a good time on the boards.
If you would like to contact me, my info is still the same..
smokeopd@gmail.com
write me personally, please...

Ok, not as if you are going to read this, and if you are, welcome back, oh and BTW, this post is not a threat to you, and is not a personal attack.

In response to your above statement. If you choose to leave, that's fine, re-read everything and all the drama you created in the 1 week that you have been here. If you are able to follow it from a third point of view, all you did was insult a whole group of people by insinuating they are sheep for the slaughter. All we did was correct your misunderstanding on how stupid you think we are. We asked you genuine questions, you responded with hazy quality clouds. You read posts as personal attacks, but yet, would not respond to the questions you were being asked in a calm collected way, but again redirect with a statement like "It's a high quality product". C'mon man, you're a human. And you can't tell me, reading over the crap you were feeding us, that even you wouldn't be pissed off. I had people who don't even smoke a hookah, read over that whole weeks worth of posts and couldn't believe the way you were responding to us. And then you wonder why we don't just welcome you with open arms and eyes wide shut.

I took a business course in college. I have to say that I didn't pass it with flying colors, but I passed it none the less. And no, while I may not understand "your" business world, heres what I do understand. When I want to buy something, and I search for prices on something, the lower the better. Apparently, your grasp of business is so great that the runners of every other hookah sites are losing tons of profit not charging the right price. Why is it I can Google a Mya Saray QT on 8 sites which range between 40-60 dollars. Yet, yours gets priced at 89.95. Not even MYA has them priced that high and they are who MAKE them. Why? Is it to scare people? Is it to prey on the feeble and ignorant? Or maybe these aren't what you are selling them for? But if thats the case, why list it like that? You are only hurting yourself. Why do you have to charge a high price, we all know why you have the price of shisha so high "It's a quality product" you beat that horse to death. But you don't make hookahs, coals, or hoses, so why the markup? Whats the strategy there. I may not be a business major, but I do know that anyone with one iota of Internet searching ability would not be buying on such a markup.

You are welcome for the lovely experience which you brought upon yourself. You have no one to complain to but the reflection in the mirror. I told you in the beginning you have the power to fix it, and yet, you did as predicted, and pissed it all away. This community was scarred from the get go, you being such close friends with Roger, I'm sure he would have mentioned it, if he didn't, maybe he set you up to be the fall guy in the first place. You made a half-hearted attempt with some samples, but you didn't handle it even close to what your potential was. I can only hope that the clients you do eventually find as a stable base, do not come across these forum posts as they may tarnish the image.

I wish you well in whatever your "Business" ends up doing. Apparently you are not finished putting your Uber company together and hopefully, someday in the future, you will "WOW" us with the excellent understanding of the world that you run every day, with a site that offers great products at competitive prices with wonderful customer service relations and a friendly pat on the ass. But until that day comes, you got your work cut out for you. Good luck, and Godspeed.

Definetly and absolutely WELL SAID!!!!!!!

-H&S

anyone else realize that that $99 hookah is smiley's $15 dollar deal fatuta?

I used to have great respect for smiley, I wasn't around when the whole arguement went down because thats when I lost my original account so I just sort of stopped posting, but before that he was really a great guy, and he really helped out the whole community.

But I knew things were going downhill when he was charging $130 on the NargileClub site for that black and gold hookah, I found it elsewhere for $80.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Jul 16 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone else realize that that $99 hookah is smiley's $15 dollar deal fatuta?

I kinda figured that sad.gif

Hence why i kinda went off on one.

To OPD :- I apologise for my ,personal, comment without reservation.

JD

I know it’s been said before but it still disturbs me that they would actually sell glass pipes on a damn hookah site. What kind of jacked up business strategy is that? All someone has to do is look at ANY other distributor on the net and instantly know that smiley’s site is a huge rip off. Not even local retailers mark up as much as he does lol.

QUOTE (Foos @ Jul 16 2007, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it's been said before but it still disturbs me that they would actually sell glass pipes on a damn hookah site. What kind of jacked up business strategy is that? All someone has to do is look at ANY other distributor on the net and instantly know that smiley's site is a huge rip off. Not even local retailers mark up as much as he does lol.

Yip sad!!! Aint it.....

-H&S

i think its funny tht smiley use to say how he did the hookah thing for the love of hookah and how he has been smoking for the past 30 something years but you can tell now he is jus looking for the quick buck off some noob.. well he wont be getting business on this forum.. its a shame too.. i like tht horchata shisha

Well, the word "Only" is gone from the main page from "The Only American Made Shisha."

Also, did anyone notice where it said that the hookah prices were subject to the included glass bowls, most of which they were selling around $36? I admit, it's still quite steep, but it helps me understand the reasoning at least a little bit better.

If I smoked pipe tobacco, I'm pretty sure I'd be all over that tribal pipe...

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jul 16 2007, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think its funny tht smiley use to say how he did the hookah thing for the love of hookah and how he has been smoking for the past 30 something years but you can tell now he is jus looking for the quick buck off some noob.. well he wont be getting business on this forum.. its a shame too.. i like tht horchata shisha

Well i smelled the stink of smiley ever since ive been on the forum, how he tried to take advantage of the things happening with the forum and such, i knew he was a man dedicated to money. Not theres anything wrong with that, its business right? I also liked his shenadigans with my so called "illegal" drug post on the other forum.(and no i didnt post anything illegal on the other forum, ask me for more info if you must) When he in fact he does hold pipes made for the unmentionables.

Hes a guy with poor character and thats all i have to say.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Jul 16 2007, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey OPD, when you decide to return to the forum, can you answer me a pretty simple question?
If I go straight to Smiley's in Tuscon, what is Smiley's Sexy Shisha retailing for?

It's actually pricier than you might think at his shop, but not outrageous. Probably $7.00 for a 150g bag. Was just there.

Thats not that bad, I think its worth picking up a few tubs of his "new and improved" recipe. My friend goes to college in Tuscon so I figured I'd have him pick up a few tubs for me if not too pricey. You got the lowdown on his glass bowl prices?