Firearms

D-szlos

just wondering if anyone here is into firearms collecting, competitive shooting, or just recreational shooting? if so what kind of boomsticks do you guys own?

ill start it off, i own an AR-15 that use for shooting recreationally, i want to get into some high powered long distance competition, but there are no ranges over 300 yards around here that host competitions.

I'm some-what into guns. I have a Remington 700. Usually go hunting with it and occasionally target practice with it. Right now I'm saving up to get a Glock 38 or 39. My dream gun would be an M16.

well thats a shame about the lack of gun nuts sad.gif but oh well. what company makes your AR? ive got a colt match target HBAR. however i do plan to custom build my own from scratch in the near future. probably gonna go with a stag arms lower or mabie a RRA lower receiver.

Well, I won't go into what they all are but I own somewhere around 15 handguns and about 17 shotguns/rifles...

My carry is a Glock 27 subcompact and my wife carries a CZ 75 compact 9mm... In handguns I have everything from 3 .44's to a .380... My first was a .357 Desert Eagle when I was 18...

BTW, just so people don't start thinking I am weird a lot of these have been inherited from family members and my Father in law...

cool.gif

That is fine is people think I am weird. I started getting into guns about 3 or 4 years ago and currently have 5 pistols, 3 rifles, and a shot gun.

My AR is manufactured by Smith & Wesson. It is very, very, very nice.

I heard someone else makes them for them... but I heard only three companies are making receivers these days. You know how gun gossip goes.

I'd love to have a Rem 700 in .308.

For carrying I switch up between a Ruger SP101 in .357 (but loaded with .38 Spl +P), a CZ-75 P-01 in 9mm, and a S&W 640-1.

Wintertime I carry larger because I can get away with larger... Springfield Armory XD .45ACP 4" or other wise.

QUOTE (Uncle G~Dogg @ Jul 11 2007, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My carry is a Glock 27 subcompact and my wife carries a CZ 75 compact 9mm... In handguns I have everything from 3 .44's to a .380... My first was a .357 Desert Eagle when I was 18...

How much was the Glock 27 and the .357 DE?

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jul 10 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're mostly alone here except for Scheetz and myself!

wink.gif

The world does not need to know what I own. But I will tell you this: I do Open Carry my USPc 40. Soon to make the change to either a Springfield LT Operator or S&W Scandium/ Gunsite.

And people stare, make faces at me, look horrified and yes I have had people take pictures of me.

But this is why I live in the great state of Virginia. tongue.gif And of course for those off days I use my C-Tac holster when I don't want to be bothered.

OC shown.

As far as long guns are concerned. I have plans for a custom build .50 Beo AR in the near future.

GoD, you should be able to tuck any handgun for CC with a proper holster and belt. My C-Tac makes everything disappear nicely. 4:00 position for me works wonders.

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 11 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Uncle G~Dogg @ Jul 11 2007, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How much was the Glock 27 and the .357 DE?

The glock I picked up from a friend for $400 and it was practically brand new... Less than 4 boxes put through it... I think I paid like a little over $600 for the DE back in '87 I believe...

I also had my FFL for a few years and sold quite a bit of stuff... That was before they jack the cost of the FFL and started requiring Fingerprints/blueprints of where your stock was kept/etc...

The wife and I are taking the required classes at the end of August for our concealed carry permit... Memphis, TN has gotten so bad that it's nickname (even in the news) is little Bagdad...

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Jul 12 2007, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jul 10 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're mostly alone here except for Scheetz and myself!

wink.gif

The world does not need to know what I own. But I will tell you this: I do Open Carry my USPc 40. Soon to make the change to either a Springfield LT Operator or S&W Scandium/ Gunsite.

And people stare, make faces at me, look horrified and yes I have had people take pictures of me.

But this is why I live in the great state of Virginia. tongue.gif And of course for those off days I use my C-Tac holster when I don't want to be bothered.

OC shown.

As far as long guns are concerned. I have plans for a custom build .50 Beo AR in the near future.

GoD, you should be able to tuck any handgun for CC with a proper holster and belt. My C-Tac makes everything disappear nicely. 4:00 position for me works wonders.

mmmm .50 beowulf me like. one great alternitave to .50 beowulf is .458 socom. if your into handloading .458 is definatly the way to go. as far as bullets go they come in flavors from 250 grain all the way to 600 grain rounds. the 600's are meant to be subsonic and damn they hit like sledgehammers! my uncle uses his .458 Ar-15 to hunt hogs when he goes down south, and those 600 grain rounds just drop em on the spot i beleive the 300grain barnes bullets are in the 2,100 fps range as well Edited by D-szlos

ME ME ME!

m1a

And various others. We've got three pistols and a shotgun within my line of site as I type this happy.gif

I am afraid of the big guns; I'm still learning, tbh. I like the walther p22. I do like going shooting at the range, or out on friends' property in the mtns. I've never been hunting, tho. I don't think I have the balls for it, really...sitting all cold, and silent...nope, can't do it wink.gif Edited by Kae

Well as far as competitive shooting is concerned. I used to shoot .22 LR and was accepted for the Junior Olympics. I blew it off to go to summer camp with friends, wish I had pursued it. Probably would have a large arsenal of weapons by now. I still hold all my qualifications though, my mother had a shadow box made for my wall with all my shooting/ competition stuff.

I do plan to build a Limited Class 1911 for competition though. Probably do that before the AR gets done.

I own an 1853 Enfield Rifled Musket :-D

My dream gun is an M1... But I'd be plenty happy with an AK wink.gif

That said, my brother is the gun nut in the family (though I love them, hes the one who bought a bunch)...

Actually my wife and I are looking for something for CC, and for around the house...

The info I have suggests a .357 revolver that can pack .38 for practice, I've got large hands and can handle a larger load (and like a larger gun, it fits nicer), but she is 5'2 110 lbs, and failry dainty, we have no idea what to get her. (She need's like a kids sized...)

The area of PA I live in has pretty crappy selections as far as gun shops go, so any ideas would help, since they all assure us that they can order stuff they don't have in stock...

QUOTE (Skarredmind @ Jul 13 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own an 1853 Enfield Rifled Musket :-D

My dream gun is an M1... But I'd be plenty happy with an AK wink.gif

That said, my brother is the gun nut in the family (though I love them, hes the one who bought a bunch)...

Actually my wife and I are looking for something for CC, and for around the house...

The info I have suggests a .357 revolver that can pack .38 for practice, I've got large hands and can handle a larger load (and like a larger gun, it fits nicer), but she is 5'2 110 lbs, and failry dainty, we have no idea what to get her. (She need's like a kids sized...)

The area of PA I live in has pretty crappy selections as far as gun shops go, so any ideas would help, since they all assure us that they can order stuff they don't have in stock...

if you realy want a small gun for CC you could do a .32apc for the wife. when i say small i mean those guns are TINY, nice little pocket pistol.