Smiley's Distributor

I'm sorry, I realize that this doesn't have anything to do with the distributor. I guess the only point I can make from that post is.. I will have problems trusting a tobacco MADE by someone who I have problems trusting.

If the blend has improved this much, to be able to claim that it is the best on the market.. A lot of improvement and change must have happened. Based on the opinions and reviews of many of the users on this forum.. Smiley's brand has not recieved as consistant or positive feedback as brands such as Starbuzz, Tangiers, Fumari, or Al Fakher for that matter. The smokers on this forum are probably some of the more frequent and "hardcore" smokers you'll come across, and they're often very experienced when it comes to trying different smokes. It's hard for me to disregard reviews from an experienced hookah crowd. If the blend is as good as you say it is and it has improved that much, then I commend you on your efforts, but if the prices talked about here are anywhere in the ballpark of actual pricing.. You're digging your own grave.

OPD if you are available around 4pm Est time today, I'll shoot a call your way.. It's frustrating when I sent out e-mails and recieved no reply.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jul 9 2007, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, your pricing IS known. What you faxed to MNhookahs has been discussed as well as the informarion you gave me that the wholesale price of the 15G will be the same as it was for the 150g. (note I did not specify what that was.) You informed me that these 15g shots were sellign very well in fact. So we stand by our opinions on price.

As for the new and improved packaging. Perhaps, since I don't think you run a hookah lounge, I should explain a few things.

1) People are facinated when they see "Arizona" listed for Smiley's when it's surrounded by a bunch of "UAE"'s for the other brands.

2) I tell people his stuff is hand crafted by a loveable nut who happens to make great shisha. (I really do say this, people think its a riot.) THAT factor also helps grab their attention.

3)I often bring out my tubs of tobacco for people to smell if they are having problems choosing between 2 or 3 types (I carry 34 official flavors from 8 companies). And smileys smells pretty good.

4) if they are going to buy a jar, which doesn't happen all that often because it IS more expensive by comparison to many others, its not because the packaging sings, dances, projects holographic dancing girls, or is even shiney and new, it's because they like the TASTE of the shisha and the simple jars with the computer prunted looking lables only reinforces that the stuff is hand crafted, not mass produced, and worth the higher cost for the smaller container.

so now you are telling me that the quality issues have been resolved, so I won't get any more batches of the tasteless Blueberry i have gathering dust on my shelf. And you are going to a fancy new package. So now it's going to look all cool like Starbuzz, which i sell even less of but serve the MOST in the bar next to Al Amir. There goes the ahnd crafted charm. And how exactly DID you manage to get the consistancy improved from batch to batch? Is Smiley even making it himself anymore? Sounds suspiciously to me like you have moved to a new production "method" like large batch mass production. There goes the charm, here comes the useless packaging.

As far as reaching me, You've had my phone number and you know when i get in. I run a bar, so I'm not there early in the morning. You also had my e-mail because I e-mailed my order. If you'd wanted to reach me, you had the means. Feel free to call after 2.

So I guess you want to do business here, not on a phone call that would be private...and more professional
What I told you, and what I faxed you was a guide...simply put a guide that I was to base my pricing off...I never once stated, that pricing was set in stone..so your WRONG!!!!!
it has been and always be "hand-crafted" in AZ....
Thank you for pointing out my next arguement...please tell me of all the AMERICAN based shisha companies now?
Also, your a lounge, great, well there is a tremendous other market and actually many other markets to sell shisha in...so...what your telling me is your view of the industry is a very narrow view of business, I won't even argue with you about it....Packaging is what sells product, quality is what brings people back to buy more....
Smiley's has both now....packaging to draw people in...quality to keep them coming back...
as far as consistency in batches and the method in which Smileys is created....
consistency has been accomplished quite simply by trial and error...and there are no more errors when it comes to that.....
method...as long as I fulfill your orders, dont you worry about what I do to get that to you....
Everything is and always will be hand-crafted as you put it....nothing changes there...just more professional now...
please..let's do real business....and let the money speak for itself...
the product sells and sells well..you know this, you admitted this...

That's what I'm saying, all we care about right now is pricing so please OPD stop ignoring that fact by purely focusing on "Quality".

Give me Pricing or Give me Layalina!!!!

I agree, you are stepping the main issue that brought you here, and all you talk about is quality. And the "New Packaging" makes me laugh, I buy shisha that comes in plastic bags, and it is well known on these forums as being top-notch, so the packaging that smileys now uses is just an excuse to charge more money

Also want to know is opdistribution is your main website?? Edited by oggie505#2

I agree plus even if the price is high why not give out samples to people on the forums, you can see who is all active, just contact them via PM and get there shipping information. It is quite apparent that we care but how I see it right now, its like this....

"If you were looking to buy a car, do you just read something someone posts or publishses and go buy that car, hell no, you go test drive that car just to make sure it is worth the money you pay to recieve it"

Supply some trials and you might see your sales go even higher

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, you are stepping the main issue that brought you here, and all you talk about is quality. And the "New Packaging" makes me laugh, I buy shisha that comes in plastic bags, and it is well known on these forums as being top-notch, so the packaging that smileys now uses is just an excuse to charge more money

Also want to know is opdistribution is your main website??

No..that is not my main website..
can I ask you a question? how long does that shisha last that comes in a "Plastic bag"

Actually, you never faxed ME a list and YOU were supposed to contact me and get my shipment out friday. Something you failed to do. Not a great start for someone claiming everything is going to be more professional now.

As I said, Call me when I get to work....

Tangiers comes in a plastic bag, lasts for years...because very few people actually store their shisha in what it came in. Most of us put our stuff in tupperwarelike tubs to seal them beteer. NO company sells a really well sealed container.

You actually a regular shisha smoker, own a hookah, buy the stuff, that sorta thing?

OPD stop ignoring the pricing issue, this is what we want not all this bs quality crap and packaging talk...... You came here because of the apparent "misinformation" about the pricing now please supply us with the correct information....

seems to be much ado about nothing here.. why dont we wait and see what the pricing is and give the guys a chance?

as to the quality and the fact of consistencies, the first batch of smileys i i bought was awesome, ....so....like an idiot i went and ordered a whole load of it..and guess what..the second batch was way inferior..

so i will hang fire on my judgement till i know more facts..

QUOTE (nicayotte @ Jul 9 2007, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree plus even if the price is high why not give out samples to people on the forums, you can see who is all active, just contact them via PM and get there shipping information. It is quite apparent that we care but how I see it right now, its like this....

"If you were looking to buy a car, do you just read something someone posts or publishses and go buy that car, hell no, you go test drive that car just to make sure it is worth the money you pay to recieve it"

Supply some trials and you might see your sales go even higher

if I started to send out samples to every person asking for one, let's be realistic, I will be out of business...
I would love to find out what stores...and I STRESS, STORES, are you buying from currently..you tell me that and once I speak with them, and you are a regular shisha buyer, I will supply the store with a sample for you...
this way it is fair(to me and to the local economies of your towns) and you as well...
and we both find out what the truth really is.

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it lasts a long time, and also made it from the US to the UK in that bag

I have to thank you again for once again, helping me out prove my points..
where did it come from? that is right, you stated, it came from the UK in that bag..how fresh is it>? when was it made? compared to when you smoked it?
you think that has any bearing on quality?

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 9 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets just hear some pricing and stop beating around the bush.

Shiny packaging isn't going to impress smokers that know what is inside.. Sure there are some people out there that might buy it because it looks sexy next to their metro-hair spray bottle, but people who analyze what they're smoking couldn't care less about packaging as long as the product arrives the way it should.

If the product is as good as you say it is, you could shove it in empty Gatorade bottles and sell it.

If this stuff is going to cost more than Fumari or SB, it better make me shit diamonds and piss hot cocoa.

where did it come from? that is right, you stated, it came from the UK in that bag..how fresh is it>? when was it made? compared to when you smoked it?

I stated it came from the UK?? read it again, it came from the US, I then moved to the UK and it made it here fine and I am still smokin it, Proally over 9 months old and smokes excellent from the day it arrived in my house in the US.

before I answer you question on quality, which is what all you keep asking everyone. Why not say the prices, since that is what brought you here in the first place..

OMG SERIOUSLY!!!! WHAT PRICE ARE THE PEOPLE YOUR DISTRIBUTING TO GOING TO BE SELLING IT FOR? AT LEAST TELL ME THAT!!!! HOW CAN YOU DENY PRICING TO THE PEOPLE THAT SMOKE YOUR SHISHA!!!! Edited by Victim026

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I stated it came from the UK?? read it again, it came from the US, I then moved to the UK and it made it here fine and I am still smokin it, Proally over 9 months old and smokes excellent from the day it arrived in my house in the US.

before I answer you question on quality, which is what all you keep asking everyone. Why not say the prices, since that is what brought you here in the first place..

I apologize, I read your post wrong...but same issues apply...if you kept it in thier packaging, would be fresh? it was stated that people put shisha in thier own jars...ok...because the packaging supplied won't hold up long...so with that being said..how long does it take to ship from the origin of the shisha to say MN?

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Jul 9 2007, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG SERIOUSLY!!!! WHAT PRICE ARE THE PEOPLE YOUR DISTRIBUTING TO GOING TO BE SELLING IT FOR AT LEAST TELL ME THAT!!!! HOW CAN YOU DENYING PRICING TO THE PEOPLE THAT SMOKE YOUR SHISHA!!!!

Have you smoked Smileys?

Well, if this entire post started from you is about quality, all you keep stating is the same things over and over about the "New Smileys", think you need to read the rules on posting on the forums then, cuz I think you have broken one if this is just a thread about the quality

OK...I am TOTALLY sticking with Layalina now. Forget pricing...let's talk about customer service now!? After reading all these posts..this seems to be a MAJOR problem with this company and there a lot people that have had problems it sounds like too me. It's too bad.

I didn't want to reply to this until the drama wears off a little and conversation actually takes place instead of all this chest thumping and "Just you wait and see!" talk. But hell, whatever.

OPD Welcome to the forums, If you are sensing a little friction in your thread here, well, button up because it's probably only going to get weirder as time rolls on. So with that out of the way, I would like to reply to a few of your initial statements.

With that said: Let's discuss what is happening here
-Ok, lets.

Smiley is in a massive rejuvenation of his product lines:

-Thats well and good.. But how do you expect us to know that when a normal forum poster and all around generally nice guy (according to some) Acts in such a dramatic way and turns his back on the people who bought his product? It says right on his website "Due to politics involving hookahforum.com and Hookahpro.com we will no longer be offering products to you. This club was supposed to be a place where you can get quality hookah gear at good prices. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and we got no support from the community's administration."......Ok, so he's letting "FORUM ADMINS" Influence the way me, Schmucky the clown, buys his stuff? Thats like saying, because the president starts a war, I'm not going to play checkers anymore. The last time I checked, he had more reviews in the section than most brands. For him to just turn his back on everyone else like that scorched that "Smiley" name and it's going to be tough to recover from.

Have you tasted the new and improved Smiley's?

-And when exactly did this New and Improved Smiley's start selling?? When would we know about it? When did he make the statement? Was it when the price went from 6 dollars to 9 dollars? If the answer is yes, then, my answer is yes, and my response to that, is that I didn't notice anything different other than an 3 extra dollars out of my pocket. If the answer is No, then mine is as well. Not long after his prices went to 9, Drama ensued and he vanished from the forums.

Have you seen the packaging yet?

-I really don't care about packaging. Packaging doesn't influence my experience. In the end, what does packaging do? It allows me to stack the shisha in my hutch. Taste, Smell, A full container.. These things impact my sessions. You can wrap smileys up in a golden sheath and put a gumball at the top of it...It's still going to taste the same.. Still going to smell the same. And it's going to smoke the same. As stated before, there are many companies that package their stuff in bags and it is fine. To come here and say "Oooh the packaging is NEW!" You're going to get laughed at.. We're hookah smokers, not interior decorators.

Do you understand that with quality product(yes, I am saying flat-out, Smiley's Shisha is Quality Product) pricing will reflect the quality of the product?

-This statement is true from the proper perspective. But did you know that I, not to mention probably most people here am not going to buy a 500,000 dollar car without sitting in it first? You're coming here talking about quality, wonderfulness of the shisha, how excellent it is. But if you read the previous post that started this. Quality is NOT what had people up in arms.. PRICE, money, thats what makes the world go around. You are only digging yourself in deeper and deeper with statements like "My prices are unknown to the general public" Thats the wrong thing to be doing. If you are raising the price which is entirely your choice, you had better have something cheap for the people who aren't rich. Because at the end of the day, all you're doing is trying to make Smiley's an Elite shisha that only richer people are going to want to buy and in the end other companies that may not be of great quality will bloom because they are cheaper. Quality means nothing if no one wants to spend the money for it, which is entirely up to them. Take people who spend 20 dollars for a 250 of starbuzz after all..

I will be more than happy to discuss Shisha with you at some point after this dies down. After all, nothing is better than a company that has a product and is willing to listen to people who buy it. But what we don't need right now, are promises, vague statements, and possibilities. This community has been hurt, you have the power to do something about it. And you're pissing it away.

Disclaimer: I wrote this in the morning while all this was happening, it's possible that one or all of the things stated in this post have been answered already so for that, apologies.

Shifty

OPD,
I cant help but point out that you have numerous potential customers in a forum that are asking you very pointed questions about a product that you are representing and all you seem to be doing is hiding behind the statement that your product is of higher quality than past batches and insulting the intelligence of potential customers by asking stupid questions such as "have you smoked smileys?" Regardless if they have smoked it or not, you can go to the reviews forums and look up the reviews yourself and see that there is much work to be done. Customer service goes a long way bud, and trial samples will not break you, plenty of companies use them and write them off as part of their business plan to attract more customers. I think you are going about this the wrong way. Quit attacking, start acting and do something to regain the customer base that you feel that product deserves. There are at least 2 members with customer service issues that are golden opportunities for you laid out on a silver platter. I would personally stop posting and start addressing individuals personally on a PM basis and develop a solid business plan.

Billy

QUOTE (SmokeMojo @ Jul 9 2007, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 9 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets just hear some pricing and stop beating around the bush.

Shiny packaging isn't going to impress smokers that know what is inside.. Sure there are some people out there that might buy it because it looks sexy next to their metro-hair spray bottle, but people who analyze what they're smoking couldn't care less about packaging as long as the product arrives the way it should.

If the product is as good as you say it is, you could shove it in empty Gatorade bottles and sell it.

If this stuff is going to cost more than Fumari or SB, it better make me shit diamonds and piss hot cocoa.

I will not post pricing on this forum....if you a store/distributor or lounge, we can discuss pricing in private..and you can charge what you want to your custimers..but I WILL NOT POST PRICING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!