New From Tx/cali

Hey, My name is Mike and I'm new around these forums. I've been going to different hookah bars fairly regularly for a couple years, but I'm totally new to actually owning my own hookah which I plan to buy a Mya QT in a month or so when I get my own place. I don't really have a permenent home; you can find me at Texas A&M University during the school year, and my family just moved to LA from San Antonio, so I'm in one of those two cities during summer and winter, etc. Since I'm new to LA anyone have any suggestions for hookah places here? Thanks

QUOTE (TXaggies @ Jul 9 2007, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, My name is Mike and I'm new around these forums. I've been going to different hookah bars fairly regularly for a couple years, but I'm totally new to actually owning my own hookah which I plan to buy a Mya QT in a month or so when I get my own place. I don't really have a permenent home; you can find me at Texas A&M University during the school year, and my family just moved to LA from San Antonio, so I'm in one of those two cities during summer and winter, etc. Since I'm new to LA anyone have any suggestions for hookah places here? Thanks

hrm well you should get along great with Txhookahman lol hes pretty much the same way lol sept hes TX and FL

Hey, welcome to California. I used to live in the area, so here's what I remember. I'm not sure where you're based (LA is a big place), but i do know most of the hookah lounges in the San Fernando Valley are now grossly overpriced ($30 bowls/refillls), so you should avoid those.

The ones around UCLA, Habibis and Gypsys, are crowded but decent--if you enjoy club-like nightlife with your hookah, those are good places to be. Gypsys is a bit more laid back than Habibis.

The spot I hit up now when I'm there is Cafe O in Canyon Country, near Six Flags Magic Mountain. Real local-spoiled-rich-kid-vibe, but refills under $10--best I've ever seen. If you're based in the valley, the drive up there is worth it. Plus you might see your favorite teen idols too! (seriously, i've met a few disney channel kids eating Denny's at 2am).

I'm sure there's other / better places around, but these are the ones I know. Hope someone here can help you out. Peace.

QUOTE (stryet @ Jul 10 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, welcome to California. I used to live in the area, so here's what I remember. I'm not sure where you're based (LA is a big place), but i do know most of the hookah lounges in the San Fernando Valley are now grossly overpriced ($30 bowls/refillls), so you should avoid those.

The ones around UCLA, Habibis and Gypsys, are crowded but decent--if you enjoy club-like nightlife with your hookah, those are good places to be. Gypsys is a bit more laid back than Habibis.

The spot I hit up now when I'm there is Cafe O in Canyon Country, near Six Flags Magic Mountain. Real local-spoiled-rich-kid-vibe, but refills under $10--best I've ever seen. If you're based in the valley, the drive up there is worth it. Plus you might see your favorite teen idols too! (seriously, i've met a few disney channel kids eating Denny's at 2am).

I'm sure there's other / better places around, but these are the ones I know. Hope someone here can help you out. Peace.

Thanks man. I'm in the Marina de Rey area if that helps any.