Hookah Hose Holders!....

mansonfan

I hope that I posted this in the right section biggrin.gif..if not, i am sure someone will correct it.

OK, some of you might know this or NOT...but since I am a newbie hookahteer I have recently purchased a hookah and found one problem with them...I have to lay my hose either on the tray or the floor/table or wrap it around the stem...

I am also a guitar parts fabricator and thinking of a way to fabricate a plate with hangers that might just simply slide over the stem and you can hang your hoses on it!...

I am just thinking right now of a design BUT since all of you have hookahs maybe we can come up with a killer idea and i can fabricate them for ya-all? I can make them from flat .063 aluminum and polish them to match your hookahs! I would OBVIOUSLY do this for free for some that can help me come up with quick design!

mansonfan

QUOTE (ahwahoo2006 @ Jul 3 2007, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd be happy to. I have a few ideas of my own. Feel free to PM me.

yeah, now that I really think about it...this may have to be almost a custom thing too..ONLY because my hookah actually breaks down mid-stem and i can insert an aluminum ring in there and hang my hoses from it!...I should make one first and show you guys rolleyes.gif

OH-WOOPS...i do see a fabricate/hookah section..DOH!! Edited by mansonfan

QUOTE (hookah hippie @ Jul 3 2007, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't you attach a mic clip a hose fits in one very well

Well.. I have a couple ideas, that would be simple to make.. It would fit Mya stems, and you could edit it to fit on egyptians and syrians. Maybe I'll do a couple CAD or 3d drawings.. Bout time I used those classes for something.

Well i got a second tray for coiling up my hose.....but it would be cool to have something to hang it on for when I have to run and get the door or more coals......

This is a fantastic idea tho, I think you should make some kind of thick hook-like appendage shaped like a dragon arm/claw, monkey tail, or one of those Royal Royce like statuette on the front of those cars laugh.gif .

Yeah, i think would be something cool for sure!..I will make/design on for my 2 stem piece and go from there...If you have a design for a Mya that would be awesome because I do not have one!

I was thinking of a design that would actually look like a tray but totally flat and can be inserted JUST under the tray so that when you slip the tray on you are tighting the larger ring to hold your hoses under it smile.gif...just an idea for now.

My 2 piece stem is perfect for this because I can spare 1/16" on the thread where the 2 pieces attach. I will make one today I think!

Anyone who has a mya and wants something..I can fabricate the part for you for free and maybe make some more for others here!..I think because of all the different hooks' out there that I will have to have several different ones...

What about a hose ring type too?..basically it would simply be a ring that is bent that attaches to all hoses to hang it saftly on the tray?....just some more ideas..I would like to come up with something that is toally universal though if possible!

mansonfan

Yeah, huh!?...that's too funny. Well, I just bought a Mya QT so I will try to design a holder for those as well smile.gif...

Are there any others here that have the 2 piece stems here!?..I will post mine soon and if anyone else wants one I can make a few of them for testers biggrin.gif

frankenstein "a.k.a. mansonfan"

DONE!!!...I just laser cut a dual hose holder for my Rotator!...It is made of .063 5052 flat aluminum that I just laser cut and polished to look like chrome!...pretty saawweeet and fits and holds the hoses perfectly!

Anyone that have this type of hookah..I can make you a single, double, triple etc.!...just let me know and maybe we can trade some shisha laugh.gif All Edges and top are completly polished!

I am working on a Mya design if someone wants to help me? I just ordered a Mya QT so I will make another for that design.

Before: (Notice that the hoses just hang on the outlets!)

After (Notice that I have added the flat polished hanger to the stem!)

iam surprised no one thought of anything like this sooner

if u were gonna make somthing like this for the public, u could make the ends little clamps to fit all different sized hoses. Edited by clickhea

QUOTE (clickhea @ Jul 3 2007, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, me too!...I am working on all the other styles of hookahs too!...To include multiple hose's biggrin.gif...I already hit up SouthSmoke to sell them there for these styles!...

I am in the manufacturing business so I can make hundreds of parts a week biggrin.gif

QUOTE (frankenstein_666 @ Jul 3 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, me too!...I am working on all the other styles of hookahs too!...To include multiple hose's biggrin.gif ...I already hit up SouthSmoke to sell them there for these styles!...

I am in the manufacturing business so I can make hundreds of parts a week biggrin.gif

That is similar to the hose holder idea that I had.. Mine just was more of a disc shape that had 4 holders on it and would hold the hoses right below the handle around the metal cylinder. You could probably make one that slid down the stem and rested on the lip or "heart" area if it didn't seperate.

Nice work though man, very cool smile.gif

QUOTE (SmokeMojo @ Jul 3 2007, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (frankenstein_666 @ Jul 3 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, me too!...I am working on all the other styles of hookahs too!...To include multiple hose's biggrin.gif ...I already hit up SouthSmoke to sell them there for these styles!...

That is similar to the hose holder idea that I had.. Mine just was more of a disc shape that had 4 holders on it and would hold the hoses right below the handle around the metal cylinder. You could probably make one that slid down the stem and rested on the lip or "heart" area if it didn't seperate.

Nice work though man, very cool smile.gif

Yeah, I was thinking of a disc. too BUT then I remebered that I needed to fabricate something to fit in between multiple hose units...A disc. is a great idea but it cannot rest on one of the cylinders because it will scratch the stem sad.gif...I am also working on an idea for hose adapters! So that you can easily hang the hose on the tray if needed and would work with EVERY hose!...

Any ideas for that?

would fitting the holder so high on the stem (near the ash tray) be a good idea if weight balance is an issue, especially with taller hookahs?
maybe something that would fit between the vase and stem?

edit: i like frankenstein's idea because it sits lower on the hookah Edited by chinamon

QUOTE (chinamon @ Jul 3 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
would fitting the holder so high on the stem (near the ash tray) be a good idea if weight balance is an issue, especially with taller hookahs?

edit: i like frankenstein's idea because it sits lower on the hookah

Actually, it weights VERY nicely and is very sanitary!...I work in a dirty shop and was always afraid to lay the hose down and did several times in aluminum dust sad.gif....Also, it's really not that close to the tray but that's what the tray is for...to catch the ash smile.gif...

Yeah, South Smoke and I are working together this next week now to supply these. I am now sending them samples for these Rotators!...

Also, I have already designed and will be fabricating holders for the base/stem attachment similiar to the one shown above smile.gif...This should make it extremely easy to fit ALL hookahs and I will supply the holders in the 3 different diameters for sizes...

This thing started off as an experiment and I am already fabricating for South Smoke to sample!...I am also planning to sell to other companies once I get these samples out...

They REALLY are a great idea though!...It's Sanitary, Great idea, keeps hoses straight and looks cool!

If anyone knows guys with shops I can start supplying!...

Once I get some of the basic ones done this week I will offer some for free to you guys to use and send feedback!...

Thanks again guys!

QUOTE (frankenstein_666 @ Jul 4 2007, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinamon @ Jul 3 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

edit: i like frankenstein's idea because it sits lower on the hookah

Actually, it weights VERY nicely and is very sanitary!...I work in a dirty shop and was always afraid to lay the hose down and did several times in aluminum dust sad.gif....Also, it's really not that close to the tray but that's what the tray is for...to catch the ash smile.gif...

i know that aluminum is very light weight. i wasnt concerned about the holder being heavy. i was concerned if a single hose was hanging from the hanger while the hanger was mounted high up on the stem (near the ash try) it could cause the hookah to tip over due to the imbalance.

your hanger is mounted lower on the stem so its fine. i was mainly concerned with mansonfan's idea because he said he was gonna have it mount with the ash try.

"Clicka"....yeah, I would love to get some info on the bases though from you? Can you email/Pm me a photo of the hookahs that you have and then just measure the base opening?..This will give me an idea of how large the hanger hole will have to be. I purchased several hookahs last night so that I can further fabricate varies types BUT they are all typically the same diameters based on height...there is basically a small, medium and large...how easy can that be! biggrin.gif

"Hot&Smoking"...Dude, I can totally ship anything anywhere in the world!....I am in the music business and make guitar parts. I ship them to almost every country already weekly!

I am working on a typical design right now that I will post next week when fabrication is complete...I need to send product to South Smoke and HookahCompany(if they like my work) and i will go from there biggrin.gif....

I was just messing around with an idea that I saw was not done...and in 10 minutes had a manufactured part!...Hopefully, with some more input on typical base opening diameters etc. I can make this happen!....

Thanks guys!

Hey, I'd be happy to help test some pieces (heck, I'd be happy to pay for something like that). Great idea man. Also, I am so jealous of your shop - I totally want something like that someday (I'm more into woodworking though). PM me and I can send you some pictures.

QUOTE (ahwahoo2006 @ Jul 4 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, I'd be happy to help test some pieces (heck, I'd be happy to pay for something like that). Great idea man. Also, I am so jealous of your shop - I totally want something like that someday (I'm more into woodworking though). PM me and I can send you some pictures.

Yeah, I love my shop!...I started on the net about 6 years ago and it has just blown up!...i supply to hundreds of vendors around the world..it's pretty sweet!...it also allows me to design and fabricate just about anything at anytime!?...which is really nice!