Mushrat’s BRIEF reviews....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
New quick review:

Starbuzz Peach:

Now tis is the best thing I've smoked from the SB folks in a while. Reminds me a whole lot of Romman peach. In Fact, I'll have to see if i have a little if it left to compare to. Nice sweet peachy flavour, long lasting, there was just this *hint* of a chemical taste early on, but it went away quickly, may have been the finger coals for all I know.

Nice going guys! [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

You all ever get something, fully expecting not to like it, but feeling the need to atleast try it anyway...?
So I picked up some Pharaoh's Exotic Peach. Not sure what was exotic about it besides the $13 price...

It comes in a plastic latched jar. Inside that is a sealed plasitc bag, inside that is ANOTHER sealed plasitc bag, inside that is the actual Ma'asell wropped in plain old plastic wrap. And you know what, the inside of the plastic jar was STILL sticky. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

So, the stuff looks like Nakhla. A little wetter perhaps versus Nakhla's oilyer look. The TRobacco itself looked the same, chopped up with pices of stem visible...I suspect if you put the stuff side by side with Nakhla you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It's unwashed so its %.5 nicotine. I recall someone writing that it had wuite a kick to it even compared to other unwashed brands. I didn't find this to be the case myself. Actually found what buzz I did get to be much milder than Nakhla and went away quickly.

The flavour was EXCELLENT! Not a peal peach flavour but a really nice candy peach. Me and a buddy smoked well over an hour on the bowl and the flavour never really seemd to drop off significantly until the very end..when it plain old died...the ending puck was almost completely smoked through so no complaints there.

So, much to my suprise and delight, this was probably one of the better bowls I've had in a while. The price is the only thing I have an issue with I have to admit. Since AA is also a really good peach and is about 4-5 bucks cheaper.

ive really been wanting their french vanilla and honeydew melon, if you pick them up, when i get some money can i send you a check or something for them? IF yes, dont hurry. I currentally have no money and i cant work. I should be getting a check at the end of this month.

Hmm, sounds like I might have to give this stuff a try. Anyone know of a good place to order from?I recently tried Nakhla Peach at a nearby Moroccan resturaunt. I had heard bad things about the flavor in the past, but much to my surprise I found it to be really tasty. Not a candy flavor at all -- it smells like the fruit flesh and tastes exactly like peach tea. So I picked up a box on my way out I'm gaining more and more respect for Nakhla... people do an awful lot of trash talking, but I'm always very satisfied with the smoke (except for that grape flavor.) If Pharaohs is anything like Nakhla, I'm gonna have to try it out when I get the chance. And if it comes in a plastic latched jar, paying an extra dollar or two is fine by me. I hate those flimsy plastic Al Fakher cups Sorry to drop a half-assed Nakhla review in your thread here, Mush

No worries...
I have always said there are a few nakhla flavours that are quite good. Unfortunately, atleast for me here, its more like $10 difference, not just a few.

I know I had your mail somewhere, but if you want to pm me again I'll send you out a sample. I'll even throw in soem King Moussel Peach for comparison.

BH: I can probably arrange something, though it will be a little while before I can get back over to chapel hill. I'm into melon myself so if i can grab a jar I'll send you a sample.

You'll have to pm me your address and all...

• 3 weeks later...
New review: Al Amir OrangeStandard red, finely chopped, wet but not sopping, Al Amir look.Of the Candy Flavours (non-tangiers) this is a very nice orange.Not super sweet like the Starbuzz Orange (very goood though) Not the REAL orange juice taste like Hookahookah, but a nice Orange. It's kinda dry in the way a wine is dry. Full flavour but not too sweet. Buts Nakhla and Al Fakher to shame.Smoked it for over an hour with 3 of us on the bowl and I gave up before it did, even after a complete coal replacement. The smoke Density was of course GREAT and there was little to no buzz.Al Amir is steadily becoming my favorite non-Tangier everyday smoke! And it's reasonably priced and availible everyplace.

ghost: heh, no I only shoot IDP. Still working on moving and shooting, sitting and shooting, laying down and shooting, shooting through cars...all the weird stuff IDP does.NEW REVIEW!Finally I have managed to try Tangiers F-Line Red Tea. I got the heat JUUUUUST right. Packed it to the top of the bowl using foil, somethign I only do for Tangiers. And used a small chunk of finger coal.DAMN, this stuff is TASTY! Very much like you'd expect a ted tead to taste..I was busy handing out puffs to friends and other's sitting near by at the Hookah Lounge. Everythong thought it was great, though not the "LIGHT< CNADY" stuff they were used to. And YES, the cafeen did do the trick, not as badly as I had originally feared, but I was wound up a might, which wasn't a bad thing after the week I've had and the 3 weeks I have yet to have.If you are into Tangiers, you GOTTA try this stuff...Thanks for the trade from ...from...dang..you know who you are.

Ok...new review (been under a lot of stress lately)Al Amir honeydew melon:Typical AA in cut, feel, look, the works.Now, I may amend this review later, was a semi-off night...but i'd say this one is a bit of a let down. There is a melony flavour there. Not quite honeydew, not quite cantalope. btw it says honeydew, but the picture on the box is a lope. The flavour reminded me of a weaker, less sweet AF melon, which will knock your socks off. Its sweet, but not as sweet as blackberry (my favorite AA), not bad over all, but there are better melons out there.side note: I gave sopem Tangiers red tea to some folks at the cafe, who mixed it with pharoh's Peach, which is DAMN fine btw. They put just a little Tangiers in there and viol'a peach tea! I only hit it a few times as I was leaving but I *AM* going to try it again. The majority of the ma'asell being the Pharohs, the Tangiers wasn't as heat sensitive it seems.Anyway...more probably tomorrow....(Make up my oxygent tent martha, going to be a long month!)

I'll have to try a Red Tea mix. I'm starting to enjoy mixing Tangiers with other brands -- I just ordered some F-Line Kashmir to try mixing with all my washed shisha. I also want to try mixing Tangiers with other brands of the same flavor. Tangiers Apricot+AF Apricot and Melon Blend+AF Melon are first on my list.

[quote name='mushrat']Ok...new review (been under a lot of stress lately)  Al Amir honeydew melon:  Typical AA in cut, feel, look, the works.  Now, I may amend this review later, was a semi-off night...but i'd say this one is a bit of a let down. There is a melony flavour there. Not quite honeydew, not quite cantalope. btw it says honeydew, but the picture on the box is a lope.    The flavour reminded me of a weaker, less sweet AF melon, which will knock your socks off.  Its sweet, but not as sweet as blackberry (my favorite AA), not bad over all, but there are better melons out there.  side note: I gave sopem Tangiers red tea to some folks at the cafe, who mixed it with pharoh's  Peach, which is DAMN fine btw. They put just a little Tangiers in there and viol'a peach tea! I only hit it a few times as I was leaving but I *AM* going to try it again. The majority of the ma'asell being the Pharohs, the Tangiers wasn't as heat sensitive it seems.  Anyway...more probably tomorrow....  (Make up my oxygent tent martha, going to be a long month!)[/quote] i agree... i found it a bit of a let down also... but i also found the AF gold bahrini apple a letdown also.... :(

• 1 month later...
New Review:Havana Orange:YUK! Chemical smell. Chemical/bad orange soda taste with an aftertaste like DIRT. I mean no kidding, tasted like soil, and being a recovering archaeologist, I know what dirt tastes like... I know some of you folks said it was good...but...YUCK!

• 1 year later...
QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 4 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here's another oldie but a goodie..but i may be biased...see how many names you know from THIS one... rolleyes.gif

Emergency alert! Mathazar shows up as members group, not banned! He'll be back reviewing imaginary tobacco on even numbered days if you are not careful. (on odd numbered days, he quits and gives or throws away all his gear).

I do miss Alen.

QUOTE (Sariél @ Jan 4 2008, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 4 2008, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here's another oldie but a goodie..but i may be biased...see how many names you know from THIS one... rolleyes.gif

Emergency alert! Mathazar shows up as members group, not banned! He'll be back reviewing imaginary tobacco on even numbered days if you are not careful. (on odd numbered days, he quits and gives or throws away all his gear).

I do miss Alen.

Ah yes..Alen...Didn't he move to he phillipines or something?

as for good old Mathazar...Remember he said he was dying or some such near the end...wonder if he's still around?robably still sitting in his apt. ordering his groceries online and only venduring out for cigars and shisha.who was it he used ot order his shisha from on credit? I should find out and ask them if they have heard from him lately... rolleyes.gif Edited by mushrat

Wow, I thought I was the only one who gets hookah headaches. I see people posting about 4 or so bowls a day, and one guy said 9+... I get a headache after one.

Nice reviews, mush. Always glad to see some from someone who has tasted quite a bit of brands.