Sinus Issues

Hey guys...

I have horrible sinus issues... and i was wondering about if anyone else has thinks hookah would cause a problem with it or if anyone else has sinus problems and has never had a problem with smoking hookah with those sinus issues... any information would help i just wanna try to learn what im in for sad.gif Edited by pbpredator

I'm jewish, and as is tradition i have really bad sinus issues, especially during allergy season.

The only time hookah really causes a problem as far as stuffing up/headaches/etc, is if im already stuffy.
I don't suggest smoking if you're having breathing problems, and im sure it doesn't help mine out when the symptoms are gone, but it doesn't make them noticeably worse in any way that i've detected.

What kind of sinus issues do you have? I know a few people who've had surgery to fix their sinuses and they swear it changed their life.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jun 18 2007, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't do it. It will be a waste of a tobacco session.

You could smoke mint and it might make you FEEL better, but it'll probably make you feel worse in the long run.

Yeah im not jewish but sinus problems run in my family my dad has had nasal sinus surgery like 2 times and its still not helping him any... my problem isnt really with my nose at all though... its with my ears... my doctor told me that allergins are causing my ears to fill up with liquid and i can hardly hear most of the time...

ive been off and on medications... but i guess for now im pretty much doomed to be deaf the rest of my life lol i can hear a little but most of the time if im not looking directly at you... and have one ear slanted towards you... i wont understand you especially if you have a light voice...

i remember hearing the other day that smoke messes with sinus's alot i dunno though if my hearing loss is from smoking ( i smoke cigarrettes im trying to quit...) or just allergy season..

QUOTE (pbpredator @ Jun 18 2007, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys...

I have horrible sinus issues... and i was wondering about if anyone else has thinks hookah would cause a problem with it or if anyone else has sinus problems and has never had a problem with smoking hookah with those sinus issues... any information would help i just wanna try to learn what im in for sad.gif

Two words...

Neti Pot

Before you do anything I would give this a try... My wife and I have been using one for a couple of weeks now and it is wonderful... Takes some getting used to, but once you do it you will be hooked... We live in Memphis, TN and the Cottonwood trees are kicking so bad now, it literally looks like it is snowing outside...

I picked up one for my Mother at Walgreens for less than $20...

Linkage Edited by Uncle G~Dogg

QUOTE (Uncle G~Dogg @ Jun 18 2007, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pbpredator @ Jun 18 2007, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys...

I have horrible sinus issues... and i was wondering about if anyone else has thinks hookah would cause a problem with it or if anyone else has sinus problems and has never had a problem with smoking hookah with those sinus issues... any information would help i just wanna try to learn what im in for sad.gif

Two words...

Neti Pot

Before you do anything I would give this a try... My wife and I have been using one for a couple of weeks now and it is wonderful... Takes some getting used to, but once you do it you will be hooked... We live in Memphis, TN and the Cottonwood trees are kicking so bad now, it literally looks like it is snowing outside...

I picked up one for my Mother at Walgreens for less than $20...

Linkage

hrm ill have to send my dad out for some of this since he will appreciate it to smile.gif thanks ill try it out and see how it works...

I have fairly bad allergies that bother me a lot. I find that smoking after nine (chocolate mint) opens up my sinuses. I suspect this isn't the best way to clear my sinuses, but I find that when I'm having allergy trouble, I smoke a lot of after nine. I haven't found a fruit flavor with the same effect, so I'm convinced it's the mint.

A friend of mine has very bad nasal sinuses. He tried hookah once and claimed that it screwed him up for a week... but that was him.

I would advise you to just suck it up and give it a try. Only you have your paticular sinus issues, so only you will be able to figure out if hookah effects them or not. Either way, it won't kill you. Worst case scenario is that it will make your sinuses worse for a short time. C'est la vie. wink.gif

QUOTE (bolt in blue @ Jun 19 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have fairly bad allergies that bother me a lot. I find that smoking after nine (chocolate mint) opens up my sinuses. I suspect this isn't the best way to clear my sinuses, but I find that when I'm having allergy trouble, I smoke a lot of after nine. I haven't found a fruit flavor with the same effect, so I'm convinced it's the mint.

I've found that smoking in general when you have sinus issues, either from a cold or allergies, isn't really the best idea. You might as well wait and really enjoy it.

QUOTE (tj154906 @ Jun 19 2007, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've actually found that smoking mint and some of the floral flavors (yuck) clear out my sinuses... that's just me though.

i think mint is ok however i tried Rose Herbal shisha... and UGH!!! i almost threwup... lol but then i added some mint to the rose shisha and it was pretty good... dont think ill be trying floral flavors again any time soon... it sucks because the rose flavor smells SOOO good...

I have had major sinus/ alergy issues in the past. However, I believe they have gotten about 90% better while smoking hookah. Don't ask me how why... but trust me I used to haveyear round allergy and sinus issues.

Now, I don't even keep a box of kleenex in my room. A little blowing of the nose in the morning and basicaly thats it. I used to have major allergy attackes in the morning... gone.

QUOTE (pbpredator @ Jun 19 2007, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've actually found that smoking mint and some of the floral flavors (yuck) clear out my sinuses... that's just me though.

i think mint is ok however i tried Rose Herbal shisha... and UGH!!! i almost threwup... lol but then i added some mint to the rose shisha and it was pretty good... dont think ill be trying floral flavors again any time soon... it sucks because the rose flavor smells SOOO good...

Real Rose Shisha tastes just like it smells. Herbal = crap.
Try some layalina rose and you wont be dissapointed!

QUOTE (Calcartman @ Jun 19 2007, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pbpredator @ Jun 19 2007, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Real Rose Shisha tastes just like it smells. Herbal = crap.
Try some layalina rose and you wont be dissapointed!

im kinda afraid to now... but we are going to a hookah lounge this fri that serves layalina maybe we can try it... i think the herbal traumatized me and my friends however i still get a taste of lemony rose nastiness in my head just thinking about it lol...

QUOTE (pbpredator @ Jun 18 2007, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jun 18 2007, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't do it. It will be a waste of a tobacco session.

You could smoke mint and it might make you FEEL better, but it'll probably make you feel worse in the long run.

Yeah im not jewish but sinus problems run in my family my dad has had nasal sinus surgery like 2 times and its still not helping him any... my problem isnt really with my nose at all though... its with my ears... my doctor told me that allergins are causing my ears to fill up with liquid and i can hardly hear most of the time...

ive been off and on medications... but i guess for now im pretty much doomed to be deaf the rest of my life lol i can hear a little but most of the time if im not looking directly at you... and have one ear slanted towards you... i wont understand you especially if you have a light voice...

i remember hearing the other day that smoke messes with sinus's alot i dunno though if my hearing loss is from smoking ( i smoke cigarrettes im trying to quit...) or just allergy season..

I've got horrible allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, a deviated septum (90%), every morning I wake up and the left side of my head feels like its loaded with about 5 lbs of snot, and I had the worst case of mastoiditis the doctors had ever seen before.

Have you been checked for mastoiditis? If your ears are filling up with liquid you might want to ask thaem about mastoiditis. I'd never even heard of it before when I was diagnosed with it, but had been having severe headahes and had another doctor literally screaming at me telling me I was just a drug addict looking for drugs. As soon as these other doctors discovered it they put me in the hospital and on more pain killers than a terminal cancer patient (I was so tempted to send my x-rays showing that part of my skull had been destroyed by the mastoiditis to the previous doctor).

I use Guaifenisen (sp?) and Beconase and that helps me a lot (probably because the Guaifenisen feels like it's acid burning the hell out of all that sh*t that's up there in my head that shouldn't be there). ...just snort that stuff up there as deep as I can get it and let it eat it all away... blink.gif