More Mods On The Mod Squad

SITUATIONS ARISE. We want the user SELLUGG GONE! I think there should be more moderators. People who are on a lot, like me, JD, Calcartman. Just some suggestions for people to look at. Maybe even Scalli.

Anywho, I'll let the Mod Squad talk amongst themselves and pick people, but I just think the Mod Squad needs to expand it's team a little bit.

TX

Errr, what's the go with the comparisons between yourself and actual long term members, and the firm directives of 'we want THIS, we want THAT'. Did you have another username before txhookahman, or have you actually only been a member for six weeks ?

Apologies if this creates issues, but for the life of me I can't fathom how tx can come across as throwing so much weight around (oe so-called 'wise' opinions on a range of products - the risk is that other (yes other), newbies can be misled by the information they read)

QUOTE (Øskorei) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Errr, what's the go with the comparisons between yourself and actual long term members, and the firm directives of 'we want THIS, we want THAT'. Did you have another username before txhookahman, or have you actually only been a member for six weeks ?

Apologies if this creates issues, but for the life of me I can't fathom how tx can come across as throwing so much weight around (oe so-called 'wise' opinions on a range of products - the risk is that other (yes other), newbies can be misled by the information they read)

Well, I'm not new to hookah. Just to the forum. I have been a hookah user for about a year and a half. I helped my friend set his up a lot. The advice I give is not mis-leading. I don't give information on something I know nothing about. Yes, I am a regular on the forum. You'll see me on here a lot. I'm constatnly posting and reading. I've learned SO much here. That's why I became a Premium Member. I wanted to give back. I wanted to give back to a community dedicated to something that I love so very much. Just because I haven't been here that long doesn't mean I am a newbie. I'm not a newbie. The only thing I'm a newbie to is forums. This is the first forum I have ever put serious time into. Excuse me if I love hookah and if I love this forum. I love reading about hookah and finding new ways and tips on things to do to make my smokes just that much more enjoyable. This is my first username. Why should it matter if I've only been here for 6 weeks? You've only been here a couple of weeks. What right do you have forcing weight around accusing me and calling me names? I'm not going to get into an arguement with you. I'd appreciate it if you would not dis-credit me on things. I have used a lot of products. I'm trying to find things I like. It's a concept called trial-and-error. The reason I used the phrase "we" was because no one likes spammers. That was the initial reason for this post, finally getting back on topic. There have been two spammers so far in like 3 days. SELLUGG and uggsell. I alerted the Mods on both and was thanked for it. I'm trying make sure this place stays enjoyable for me and others. I'm not a Premium Member for nothing.

TX

Gentlemen,

Let's not cock-wave using our post-count -or- time as a member hey?

Personally I rather like TX.

He is of course a shameless post-whore... but i can't recall a post that has been pointless or one-liner 'I must increase my post count at all costs!' style of posting.

I speak for no-one else on this matter, just my own opinion.

JD

edit :- language correction for clarity

QUOTE (Johnny_D) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen,

Let's not cock-wave using our post-count -or- time as a member hey?

Personally I rather like TX.

He is of course a shameless post-whore... but i can't recall a post that has been pointless or one-liner 'I must increase my post count at all costs!' style of posting.

I speak for no-one else on this matter, just my own opinion.

JD

edit :- language correction for clarity

Thanks for the back-up, JD! There's nothing wrong with being a post whore tongue.gif . I've got nothing else to do right now. No job currently. But anywho back on topic. If there's more moderators, then there's a better chance that there will be a moderator on at all times. Just a thought.

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 14 2007, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not a Premium Member for nothing.

Isn't this a "Paid For" thang ? (note texan accent on the word 'thing'). I agree, you're not a primo-member for nothing, it cost you all of fifteen buckaroo's to wear the glorious badge. There has been no discreditation, simply a series of queries. Of which have been confirmed.... that you are a newbie, just as I am, just as many readers are.

So therefore from one newbie to another, I wish for nothing more than a Tyler Durden experience.

You rock, Txhoo ! May we all wallow in your mature, experienced wisdom.

Perhaps you can pay another $15 and become a "DOUBLE-APPLE-2X-MULIPLIED-THOOPER-MEMBER-ULTRA-PRIMO"

That would surely buy your affections for your hallowed words....

Its easy to be an armchair quarterback...yeah?

Post Count? Ha!

Fuckin' Spam bots won't be influenced by more moderators...won't change a thing. Personally, I think there's plenty of moderators. I think there were enough before they added this latest group. They are fine mods, so I have no complaint. We went from four to seven. Its not just as easy as adding new mods. It doesn't work that way. There is more to being a mod than just swinging your cock around in a moderator-like fashion. If you'd some of the shit that goes on behind the scenes, most of you would fold the idea.

We're not servo mechanisms or perfect. Sorry we can't stop every piece of spam before it gets out. Well, I'm not sorry.

Just to be fair, I'll mention it in the "Secret place" and see if the other moderators are interested.

Just to be fair, the two two names that are thought to be the heirs to ascension are commonly JD and Dizzy...if you guys are wondering.

Sonthert,

I've got 3 daughters, a wife, a mortgage & a dog.

I've waved my cock around FAR too much. hence the above tongue.gif

I just thought this was a silly thread to be honest. I find just reporting posts seems to work ok.

I'm not cocksnaffling for modship.

JD

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 15 2007, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sonthert,

I've got 3 daughters, a wife, a mortgage & a dog.

I've waved my cock around FAR too much. hence the above tongue.gif

I just thought this was a silly thread to be honest. I find just reporting posts seems to work ok.

I'm not cocksnaffling for modship.

JD

Oh, I know. Any of those daughters cute?? Heh heh. If you got rid of the dog, you might have time to be a mod, though.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jun 15 2007, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to be fair, I'll mention it in the "Secret place" and see if the other moderators are interested.

Is the 'secret place' you speak of actually Johnny_D's under-bloomers ? In the interest of fairness to non-mods, we really need to see some pictures of the cotton-shrouded love cave in which the purple-headed-pommie-pummler-johnny-cake-trouser-snake rests when not spitting out warm creamy tadpoles.

QUOTE (Øskorei) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sonthert) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the 'secret place' you speak of actually Johnny_D's under-bloomers ? In the interest of fairness to non-mods, we really need to see some pictures of the cotton-shrouded love cave in which the purple-headed-pommie-pummler-johnny-cake-trouser-snake rests when not spitting out warm creamy tadpoles.

Thanks, Eric. I'm not saying it should be. I'm not "throwing my weight around". I simply made a suggestion in the correct section, the Hookah Forum Comments and Suggestions. I'd appreciate it if certain people would quit insulting me just because I made a suggestion.

WTF?! That's just weird. And off-topic.

It was just a suggestion. I'm tired of being called a newb by Øskorei (a newer newb than me, nonetheless) when all I was trying to do was make an honest suggestion.

TX

• 1 month later...
I think we have enough moderators. And you know, I don't want someone made a moderator just because they "know the ins-and-outs of the hookah forum", but because they "know the ins-and-outs of an actual hookah." Just my $.02

edit: I'm sorry that I keep coming back to this, but I spend nearly every waking hour on this forum but that doesn't necessarily qualify me to be a mod, now does it? No, not really. Edited by Big Boss