Discount Codes

Anyone from the web can find the discount codes and use them. I suggest we delete all the discount code threads except for the main one that is being added to, and make them to where you have to be a member to see them.

TX

I kinda agree with tx on this one.

How often do we see people with <10 posts asking for discount codes and never see them again?

Would be nice to ensure that established members get the discounts.

JD

I mean, hookah supply companies have made those codes for us. It's not fair to us, nor them, for people to be ripping the companies off and taking advantage of something that was made for us. Anyone off Google can come in, get some discount codes, and go shopping without ever being a member. That's not right. Discounts are a perk for being a part of this hookah community.

TX

I've tried to get adrock to make them only visible to actual members, but to no avail. Besides, once they have registered to post the question, they'd be able to see any member's only section.

QUOTE (mushrat) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried to get adrock to make them only visible to actual members, but to no avail. Besides, once they have registered to post the question, they'd be able to see any member's only section.

Yea, but they won't know about them unless they register. All you have to do is Google "hookah discount codes" and it can pop up.

TX

So what should the 'rules' be for discount codes, tx ? Membership for seven days ? A high post count ? I note that you were begging for them within a week of joining up on the forums...... which doesn't really constitue being a long-tern member or a 'regular' at that point in time, now does it......

To be honest, I didn't even know they existed when I found the forum. I just really love hookah and thought, "Let's see what this place is all about." I found advice, friendly people, and just people in general that had the same love for hookah that I do. I don't think there should be any rules. I just don't think people should be able to reach them from a search engine who have no intention of joining the forum, people that don't even care what it is. All they want is a free discount code. Those are the people I think we should be trying to get rid of. If it's in a members only section, then they won't even come accross it. They won't know it exists. If you go through the trouble to register, you just might see topics that interest you and stick around.

TX

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jun 15 2007, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would say the only ones to really have any rights to complain are the vendors who allow us to have a discount

Precisely. The vendors are getting business, and effectively the more codes available to more people means more sales. Can't quite understand why someone might consider this a sacred right. Especially considering that the tarzan-like chest beating about this is coming from a newbie.

QUOTE (Øskorei) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Precisely. The vendors are getting business, and effectively the more codes available to more people means more sales. Can't quite understand why someone might consider this a sacred right. Especially considering that the tarzan-like chest beating about this is coming from a newbie.

DUDE, YOU'RE A NEWBIE, TOO! Why the hell do you keep calling me a newbie? So what if I'm a newbie. That makes no difference on this topic, so quit bringing it up! I'm just saying, they will make more money if codes weren't being used by people who aren't even members! What's wrong with that!? They are still going to get the sales anyway.

TX

Oskorei.

Please take the Rod you have about Tx out of your ass.

Either that or you two get a hotel room and just do what comes natural tongue.gif

It's like watching a couple of retards trying to fuck a door knob

JD

QUOTE (Øskorei) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow newbie, they'll be making more money from less sales ? Economics must be different in your neck of the woods. blink.gif

I never said anything about less sales. Doesn't help that you put words in my mouth. Do you not understand that they will be making the same sales, but be making the revenue from the full sale without the use of a discount code? People will still order from the same place, with the same orders, at the same time, they just won't have a discount code to use, thus giving the company more money.

These companies give us specials because we are part of the forum all the time. The least we can do is protect them and help them out. It's called giving back. It's called not being a selfish ass.

If you can't understand that, you will probably be working in McDonald's all your life.

Oh, by the way, every time you call me a newbie, all you're doing is insulting yourself, as well. wink.gif Duh.

TX

I really appreciate that anybody can find the discounts. I didn't know about this forum until I searched for a discount code and I didn't know that so many hookah sites existed. Once I found the discounts now I have also became a member of this forum and learned a lot. I have also given the hookah sites more business. So I think that it is good advertising for the forum and for the sites participating in the discounts.

QUOTE (buffett7478) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really appreciate that anybody can find the discounts. I didn't know about this forum until I searched for a discount code and I didn't know that so many hookah sites existed. Once I found the discounts now I have also became a member of this forum and learned a lot. I have also given the hookah sites more business. So I think that it is good advertising for the forum and for the sites participating in the discounts.

Yea, but the problem is, who knows how many people will get them, and then never return to the forum. I'm glad you decided to join. Welcome!

TX

Tx... think of it this way... getting full value for 40 orders or get 10-15% off of 80 orders... which makes you the most money in the end? Vendors still are making good by giving discounts... plus A.) Loyalty to come back B.) Between price restrictions and the peace of mind of getting a discount... people are more likely to buy more... I work retail and see a good bit of behind the scenes action... I know the game smile.gif

Oh... and... same for our forum... we will get more hits by having them archived and more traffic... we have had some good people come and stay that would have never otherwise came...

And one more final thought... you realize that this thread is pinging people to the site too, right? tongue.gif Edited by xDizzyGuyx

True. I don't know. I've worked retail for 2 years. I'm sick of it. I still think they should be in a members only area though. It will show up on like Google still, but you won't have access.

TX

not to discourage free discourse but this is all moot since getting the admins to change ANYTHING here is neigh unto impossible and Mods don't have the ability to make these kinds of changes anyways. rolleyes.gif

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (nicayotte @ Nov 13 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say you need atleast 50 posts to see them!

thats a little much, esp for people that like to view a alot and not post. if people are honestly concerned about others coming to the forum to steal the coupon codes then leaving, make it to where its not a post, only way you can get it is by pming.