Best Way For Thick Clouds

QUOTE (The King @ Jun 12 2007, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 11 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Ice only cools it. What causes the smoke is the glycerin. It all depends on how much glycerin is in it and your technique. If you honestly think ice is the key, you need to read the forums and stop posting that ice is the way to get thicker smoke. Because it's not. Sorry to sound like an ass, but, listen to the people that have tons of posts. Listen to the people that have been here the longest. I haven't been here long, but I knew what I was doing when I joined the forum, for the most part! wink.gif Wine, milk, more ice, hot water, cold water, frozen hookah, anything like this will NOT give you thicker smoke!

TX

What??? the liquid in your base does make a difference what are you talking about? Putting ice, or milk or any of those other things is not the key to smoke, no one said that... but it does help.

Oh and just cause you whored the forums doesn't mean your above any one, neither does being here the longest... Some people have been smoking for decades but may be new the forums, doesn't mean anything

+1

Hey guys! Um sorry for the posts earlier. My last post was with calling JD the man!

I'm currently at a hookah lounge with friends on WiFi with my laptop and I guess they decided to be cute while I went outside to take an important phone call. I deleted the part of the post after the compliment to JD. I appologize.

My point of view was expressed two posts above (right above Brain Damage).

Sorry for the actions of my dumbass so-called friends. Not the usual people I smoke with, and this will be the last time I ever smoke with this group of people again. They have no respect for other people's property. Hope you guys aren't mad at me. My appologies and my laptop stays with me from now on!

Greg aka TX

Last night, I tried mixing some "mixed fruit" tobacco, with some mint flavored tobacco, about 50-50. Then I placed two japanese coals side-by-side on the screen. The smoke was the thickest I have ever seen, I have been smoking hookah since 1997. It was wonderful, I am going to try this again tonight, and see if I can do it again. The smoke was so thick, you could not see through it.

Yea dont take my post count as a point of knowledge XD I have spent most of my times on the forums listening to Sonthert, and alot of the other people who have been smoking, and learning about hookah longer then ive even know about it. Plus Eric i swear is a rocket scientist turned hookah king tongue.gif The man knows way too much. Its where i learned almost all i know about the scientific end of da hookah.

But to the subject on hand, ice and keeping the liquid cool only helps a certain amount, but it does increase amount of smoke, for the reasons i said. Milk does help thickness, even if its only a visual trick due to cloud color and density, we are just asking how to get thick clouds, and it does increase thickness. And as its been said, and i agree to this, heat management is the most important factor. But thats not saying much, all the other ones are almost as important, heat management just barely nudges out all the rest. One of the biggest killers of thickness is air leaks, as it allows air to mix with the smoke, and height can effect it, as well as what you put in the base, the temp the whole hookah is at, the humidity in the air, what humidity the tobacco was orignaly at before being smoked, what kind of baccy you are smoking, kind of coals, amount of coals, type of screen/foil, thickness of said device, packing technique, water level above stem, air chamber room, amount of hoses, how hard you suck, how fast your lungs absorb the smoke, how long you hold it in, if you breath in air after inhaling, and so on and so forth XD

*phew*

So that is why i suggest taking what i, and other people say, and experimenting. Every hookah, even ones of the same model, are different. Each person is different, and what baccy they smoke is different. Too many factors involved to have one all inclusive smoke thickening trick. So as i said, experiment, its how me, Eric, and just about every other hookah dude (and dudet) has figured things out biggrin.gif

EL is right of course, You can enhance the smoke, taste & volumes by doing some alternative & modern hooka'ing.

QUOTE (azcoyote @ Jun 12 2007, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<snipped>. JD, doesn't the London fog affect your sessions at all?

In truth Az' we don't really get 'london fog'... Having said that I have only experienced it a couple of times when i struggled to get any smoke going. At the times this happened i never really factored the weather... just put it down to 'one of those bad days'

I'm no expert in humidity. But I don't think british humidity changes a great deal over the year anyways. [Additional, can't find humidity records, but this may give you an idea]
http://uk.weather.com/weather/climatology/...085?x=0&y=0

JD

Hey, JD, doesn't it rain like a hell of a lot in England. Like isn't your rainy season like...all year long lol. I was told once that it rains A LOT over there.

TX

I don't think our rain is that bad compared to other places i've been, but we do get the odd rain storm.

Majority of hookah is smoked indoors, so the idea of smoking hookah outside is very disillusioned idea, although thats speaking from my London prespective.

Hey Everyone,

There seems to be a lot of thought on how to get a thick smoke. In my experience this is what I've found:

1) Cold water does seem to add to the thickness of the smoke, although its main purpose is to increase the buzz (since cold water does not filter nicotine as well as warm water).

2) Milk is a great way to not only increase the thickness but also increase the flavor. You do risk the chance of the milk bubbling up into the hose but there is a way to do it correctly. (Checkout the link at the bottom for more details)

3) Any carbonated liquid will help the smoke filter through the liquid better, hence you will get more smoke. I usually use cola with either vanilla or cherry flavored tobacco in the bowl, tastes delicious!!

Check out our Tips & Tricks section for more detailed examples (http://www.hookah-life.com/hkh101_tipstricks.htm)

Hope this helps biggrin.gif

Don't need no fancy tricks or anything of that sort.

Just put a basic set up except add Glycerin (you can buy from a pharmacy store) to the Shisha. If you use the right amount, you can get huge clouds without losing the flavor or taste.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 12 2007, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yer, it rains a fair amount.

I would imagine that our climate is very like new york's ? Apart from NYC gets more snow in the winter!

JD

London is much worse than New York. Loved my time there (especially watching Arsenal play) but I don't think I can ever live there; Londoners are adapted so they don't mind it but it was kind of depressing for me if it wasn't for all the things I did.

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jun 13 2007, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't need no fancy tricks or anything of that sort.

Just put a basic set up except add Glycerin (you can buy from a pharmacy store) to the Shisha. If you use the right amount, you can get huge clouds without losing the flavor or taste.

Adding one spoonful of glycerin should do the trick and don't put too much glycerin it might kill the flavor of the shisha. Peace smile.gif

Try putting skim milk in the freezer for a couple of minutes before smoking, then put it in ur bowl with some ice cubes and from my experience my homemade diffuser makes the smoke thicker and if you pack the shisha in ur bowl a lil' bit tighter you get more flavor and thicker smoke... I'm gonna try the red and white wine but these work for me right now