Best Way For Thick Clouds

I find that the best way to have thick clouds is to have the vase and water as cold as possible so usually i put the vase in the freezer and fill it up with ice cubes and it give really thick clouds

i also heard that adding milk gives thick clouds but i think that's bullshit

anyways anybody has trick to make thicker clouds?? (considering that the hookah is airtight)

perhaps using certain charcoal or foil setup

QUOTE (Poulieflute) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find that the best way to have thick clouds is to have the vase and water as cold as possible so usually i put the vase in the freezer and fill it up with ice cubes and it give really thick clouds

i also heard that adding milk gives thick clouds but i think that's bullshit

anyways anybody has trick to make thicker clouds?? (considering that the hookah is airtight)

perhaps using certain charcoal or foil setup

DON'T TRY THE MILK! It bubbles like a mofro and you'll have milk in your hose and a rotting milk taste/smell.

As for foil and coals:

Foil
Heat Distribution

TX

I've tried the milk thing once or twice before. It mellowed out the flavor a bit, and did indeed help with the smoke thickness, but it was also difficult to pull (and clean.)

The thickest smoke I've ever gotten was when I smoked blackberry shisha, but filled the base with water and a bit of blueberry juice. It was absolutely insane.

Oh, and keeping the water cold (as you mentioned) helps quite a bit. I usually but my hookah in this metal bucket I picked up from Ace Hardware, and then fill the bucket with ice.

QUOTE (drfishy520) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried the milk thing once or twice before. It mellowed out the flavor a bit, and did indeed help with the smoke thickness, but it was also difficult to pull (and clean.)

The thickest smoke I've ever gotten was when I smoked blackberry shisha, but filled the base with water and a bit of blueberry juice. It was absolutely insane.

Oh, and keeping the water cold (as you mentioned) helps quite a bit. I usually but my hookah in this metal bucket I picked up from Ace Hardware, and then fill the bucket with ice.

OMFG!!! I was just about to do that! That's nuts! In a bucket of ice just like a keg! Except that's a trash can full of ice lol but the same concept, nonetheless.

TX

the colder the water the colder the smoke.... it just cools the smoke down.... doesn't make bigger clouds

getting em thick is pretty much all dependent on your coal, shisha, and how you pack your bowl... plus making sure the hookah is air tight.

i've done the milk thing plenty of times, the first few times it bubbled over and got into the hose, but we adjusted it, and it works fine. it really makes the smoke a lot thicker.

I just tried a bunch of times to see how much milk i can put in it each individual hookah that i use. and take care not to smoke it too frequently, so i can let whatever bubbles up pop. But the down side is that it does take away from the flavor a little, not enough to get me to stop doing it though

and for those who are thinking of trying it, if you know that there is milk in your hose because of the bubbles, just wash out your hose. you don't want that taste of hookah milk in your mouth, it'll make you vomit.

I want an auto post button for all the things ive explained before XD No offense intended, just i have lost count how many times ive explained the smoke thickness thing XD

Most if not all the smoke you see is from the glycerin in the tobacco. Since your not heating the tobacco up enough, and the fact that its doused in liquid, you never really burn the tobacco, but more or less slow cook it. The glycerin on the tobacco on the other hand, gets hot enough to vaporise, then as it travels cools enough to condense into visible smoke. Now thats not to say you won't get any without the glycerin, and that does not mean that adding more will help.

Good smoke amount depends on the amount of glycerin in the tobacco when its made, how dry the tobacco has gotten since then (from sitting out, or any other reason), the amount of heat, the height of your hookah, any air leaks, water temp, amount, and room for smoke in the base.... and so on and so on.

Best tips for good smoke, raise the heat to right before you start to burn the baccy. And keeping the water cool does help to provide more smoke, as it condenses the glycerin. My best smoke ever was off a combo effect. Al Waha Mint in a Social Smoke Minerva Hookah, chilled in the fridge before smoking, with ice water in the base (salt added) and then put in a bucket of ice/salt/water. Used 2 3k QL coals, and kept fresh ones on. Ill just say, it looked like i was breathing out clouds... i litteraly mean big fluffy white clouds.

Oh and on the subject of milk, it does help thickness.... why.... no clue..... ask Sonthert XD But to keep it from bubbling up so bad, you don't go straight milk, you do a mix of milk and water biggrin.gif

Adding Ice Cube to the vase just Cools the smoke not making it thick. For making thick smoke you have to get the right amount of heat from the coal. Adding milk to the vase do make the smoke thicker in some way but don't mix pure milk add some water to the milk. Milk bubbles like crazy so beware. There a tip that i post no so long ago for the heat management search for it peace smile.gif

Use coconut milk instead of milk if you really want to try milk.

I've found that if I put too much ice in the vase, the shisha becomes flavourless. I don't know why it is this way, but it happens nearly every time.

Starbuzz gives pretty huge clouds, try that out without changing anything else and see if their clouds are huge.

You know what....

It all sounds like a bunch of ol' Billy Bull Shit to me.

I've been to shisha cafe's all over the middle east and a few in london. And I'll tell ya what.... they don't do
a damn thing listed above. Just good old fashioned nargile management.

Learn to get it right straight out the bat.

I can make nahkla smoke it's ass off. So can most others.

Truly unless you have really old tobacco and a crap nargila then you might suffer. Otherwise it's just time & technique.

Good luck!

JD

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jun 11 2007, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've found that if I put too much ice in the vase, the shisha becomes flavourless. I don't know why it is this way, but it happens nearly every time.

Hmmm this explains a lot... Has anyone else experienced this?? I smoked a couple of Nahkla Double Apples last night, and the first/colder one definitely had less flavor...

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jun 11 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what....

I've been to shisha cafe's all over the middle east and a few in london. And I'll tell ya what.... they don't do

Truly unless you have really old tobacco and a crap nargila then you might suffer. Otherwise it's just time & technique.

Good luck!

JD

Quoted for motherfuckin truth.
Smoke comes from an airtight hookah (not hard to get), tobacco and heat.

If you cant get the smoke you want from those things, you need to practice, but the rest of this is pointless.

I think I have the Ultimate answer.
If you want thick, strong, sweet smoke: Put half ice water, half Red Wine
If you want thick, Mellow, sweet smoke: Put have ice water, half zinfindale (White wine)
If you want really strong and thick smoke, put half Red Wine, half White Wine

Another really good trick is to chill the hose for 15 minutes in the freezer, as well as the metal shaft.
The colder the hookah components, the thicker the smoke.

QUOTE (L @ Jun 11 2007, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shouldnt colder water produce more smoke? I mean, you're inhaling/exhaling condensed vapour, thus I think that the colder the water, the more condensation is going on.

huh.gif Does no one read my posts anymore XD

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Jun 11 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (L @ Jun 11 2007, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shouldnt colder water produce more smoke? I mean, you're inhaling/exhaling condensed vapour, thus I think that the colder the water, the more condensation is going on.

huh.gif Does no one read my posts anymore XD

Ignoring EL is my favorite past time

AFTER months of blissful hookah smoking, today I am unable to get a good smoke. Overnight the weather changed. Instead of our usual dry conditions, we're getting tropical humidity from a storm off Mexico. No thick clouds at all.. I am using twice as much coal, and it's barely working. Flavors are off too. I am very familiar with this pipe; smoke it almost every day around this time. It's clean and there are no leaks. I will try "acclimating" the massel overnight and we will see if that makes any difference tomorrow. JD, doesn't the London fog affect your sessions at all?

QUOTE (Johnny_D) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what....

Good luck!

JD

JD, I love you, man! Haha. Billy Bull Shit! LMFAO. I love British blokes! Anywho, this is QFMFT. I have to COMPLETELY agree with you, JD. It's all about you're technique. I'm not perfect yet, but I'm almost there!

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 12 2007, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Ice only cools it. What causes the smoke is the glycerin. It all depends on how much glycerin is in it and your technique. If you honestly think ice is the key, you need to read the forums and stop posting that ice is the way to get thicker smoke. Because it's not. Sorry to sound like an ass, but, listen to the people that have tons of posts. Listen to the people that have been here the longest. I haven't been here long, but I knew what I was doing when I joined the forum, for the most part! wink.gif Wine, milk, more ice, hot water, cold water, frozen hookah, anything like this will NOT give you thicker smoke!

TX

Ummmmm.......We are listening to the people that have tones of posts and have been here the longest:
QUOTE (EvansLight @ Jun 11 2007, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good smoke amount depends on the amount of glycerin in the tobacco when its made, how dry the tobacco has gotten since then (from sitting out, or any other reason), the amount of heat, the height of your hookah, any air leaks, water temp, amount, and room for smoke in the base.... and so on and so on.

Best tips for good smoke, raise the heat to right before you start to burn the baccy. And keeping the water cool does help to provide more smoke, as it condenses the glycerin. My best smoke ever was off a combo effect. Al Waha Mint in a Social Smoke Minerva Hookah, chilled in the fridge before smoking, with ice water in the base (salt added) and then put in a bucket of ice/salt/water. Used 2 3k QL coals, and kept fresh ones on. Ill just say, it looked like i was breathing out clouds... i litteraly mean big fluffy white clouds.

EL says right there that keeping the water cool does help provide more smoke b/c it condenses the glycerin. So yes, heat management is basically the right way of making sure you have the thickest smoke you can get, BUT keeping it cool with ice HELPS. No one here is claiming that having ice in the vase or cooling the actual vase is the "key" to getting thick clouds.....all anyone is saying is that it helps. And I agree.

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 11 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Ice only cools it. What causes the smoke is the glycerin. It all depends on how much glycerin is in it and your technique. If you honestly think ice is the key, you need to read the forums and stop posting that ice is the way to get thicker smoke. Because it's not. Sorry to sound like an ass, but, listen to the people that have tons of posts. Listen to the people that have been here the longest. I haven't been here long, but I knew what I was doing when I joined the forum, for the most part! wink.gif Wine, milk, more ice, hot water, cold water, frozen hookah, anything like this will NOT give you thicker smoke!

TX

What??? the liquid in your base does make a difference what are you talking about? Putting ice, or milk or any of those other things is not the key to smoke, no one said that... but it does help.

Oh and just cause you whored the forums doesn't mean your above any one, neither does being here the longest... Some people have been smoking for decades but may be new the forums, doesn't mean anything

From what I've experienced, milk only makes the clouds whiter, not thicker. Granted ice does help, but it's not neccesarily a key factor. It plays a pretty a good-sized roll, but not the biggest. The main thing is how juicy your shisha is, because the juice obviously contains the glycerin. So, I agree that water temp plays a roll. You do have to get the technique down, though. You have to know the right amount of heat for the certain shisha you are smoking. You have to know how to manage your heat. Another good way to get good smoke is to use a phunnel bowl, as it keeps the juices with the shisha, not running down your grommet and stem. More juice=more glycerin=bigger clouds. It's pretty much all about your technique. Once you get that down, you're smoking clouds in the sky lol.

TX

Edit: Adding a note that this is my opinion, my so-called friends posted the other information. Please see the next post of mine. Thank you!

Greg