Iphone

Twang

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jamal @ Jun 4 2007, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking of getting one depending on the price, but like the ipod it will be overpriced and a novelty item.

$499 for the 4ggi, $599 for the 8gig, with a 2 year contract. Unlimited data plan will probably be required which will be an additional $40 give or take, a month. I wouldn't say it is overpriced. It is priced the same as other high end pda/smartphones.

Fuck that. I have a problem with phones. Mine always seem to end up in bodies of water. Gulf of Mexico (twice one after another, drunken fishing lol), a lake (drunk again), and a toilet (slipped off the counter) So that's a bit too rich for my alcohol pumped blood lol. tongue.gif

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 4 2007, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fuck that. I have a problem with phones. Mine always seem to end up in bodies of water. Gulf of Mexico (twice one after another, drunken fishing lol), a lake (drunk again), and a toilet (slipped off the counter) So that's a bit too rich for my alcohol pumped blood lol. tongue.gif

TX

haha, well Ive only lost one $200 dollar phone to the water...it was a pool, and yes of course i was hammer drunk... i thought the pool was a good idea clothes on and everything... only took a few minutes for me to realize that i took out my wallet and keys and other junk, but left my phone in my pocket

QUOTE (The King) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TX

haha, well Ive only lost one $200 dollar phone to the water...it was a pool, and yes of course i was hammer drunk... i thought the pool was a good idea clothes on and everything... only took a few minutes for me to realize that i took out my wallet and keys and other junk, but left my phone in my pocket

Shitty. The Cartel/Dr Pepper commercial is on by the way lol. Anywho, the iPhone would just be a waste of money for me.

TX

I break phones more often then I blink. I won't be purchasing a $500 one. It would make contact with the ground as soon as I left the store. No joke. I need some kind of like Humvee edition military phone or something.

I buy phones to talk to people.

Gimme a cell phone that takes great digital photos, runs WoW like a champ, opens my beer before bringing it to me, gives head, and cooks me breakfast, and I might pay $500 for it..... wink.gif

I'm curious on how this thing is gonna turn out. First generations of devices are commonly known for bugs or design flaws that get worked out in later incarnations.

- misterbeetz

iphone vs Nokia N95 with the iphone but it depend on the price it it's expensive then i go with the nokia. Peace smile.gif

QUOTE (james) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I break phones more often then I blink. I won't be purchasing a $500 one. It would make contact with the ground as soon as I left the store. No joke. I need some kind of like Humvee edition military phone or something.

Try Nextel phones. Those things are bricks.

TX

QUOTE (james @ Jun 5 2007, 07:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the humvee of phones for this reason. Only Verizon has it (to my knowledge):

G Z one

The phone is water resistant, shock resistant, and comes with a built in LED flashlight (a lot more handy than what I first realized).

I had one break on me, but it was replaced with a brand new (not refurb) phone. The outside speaker for the ringer and speaker busted. I've had the replacement for a month so far with no worries.

Topically speaking, I won't get an iPhone because you have to have Cingular (right?) and I'm not down with that.

Also, 500 bucks for a phone that only plays music... ehhh.. how hard is it to carry a phone AND your larger sized and much cheaper mp3 player?

I got me a sony ericsson k750i. The things a champ!! Its fallen a few times but the scratches are not even noticable unless i tell you! It takes awesome pictures AND I got a 4gb memory stick for 70 euros and it can hold alot of music.

Heard the 4gb version is going to be around £450 ($900) when it first comes out here in the U.K, for the same price you can get a P910i with a 4gb memory stick for cheaper which is far supieror.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G Z one[/url]

The phone is water resistant, shock resistant, and comes with a built in LED flashlight (a lot more handy than what I first realized).

I had one break on me, but it was replaced with a brand new (not refurb) phone. The outside speaker for the ringer and speaker busted. I've had the replacement for a month so far with no worries.

Topically speaking, I won't get an iPhone because you have to have Cingular (right?) and I'm not down with that.

Also, 500 bucks for a phone that only plays music... ehhh.. how hard is it to carry a phone AND your larger sized and much cheaper mp3 player?

Who makes that phone, what model, and how much?!

TX

QUOTE (drfishy520) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (drfishy520) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be getting one. But I work for Apple, so yeah..

Yea, and it's costing you how much?

TX

Oh, you know, just my soul.

Just goes to show how much we are being shafted. Too low to comment on the price? OR is it like with the iPod where it sold for just over cost (used to work at Circuit City). Which is it drfishy520? smile.gif

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 10 2007, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G Z one[/url]

TX

I don't know if this link works or not, but here it is:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...tedPhoneId=2627

Just google the name G ZOne

G Z one[/url]

TX

Cool. Thanks.

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 12 2007, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G Z one[/url]

TX

Cool. Thanks.

TX

Looks like they just came out with a smaller, better capable phone version. Its on verizon's webpage now.