Favorite Cigarettes?

Hookah Joe

Hey guys, joe here. Just wondering what your favorite cigarettes are, if you smoke. I started on Newport 100s, but wanted something with better taste. As an avid black n mild smoker ( If you can find cream types or peach, GET THEM), I always inhale, even with my cigars. I had been research clove, or kretek cigarettes. I stopped at Exxon with my friend just to take a look. Sure enough, they had some Djarum blacks, and I bought a pack. It comes to 7 and change(that's NJ taxes for ya!). I have a few pics. It is basically like smoking chai tea, and lick your lips from time to time- a great sweet flavor. When the cloves burn, the cigarettes crackle. They also last absurdly long, about 10-15 minutes on an average smoke.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got started on cloves after seeing a post on here. I tried Bali Hais (sp?) first, but now I've moved on to Djarum Blacks. I actually ran out yesterday, and needed to get some this afternoon. Crappy weather kept me from it.

I've pretty much given up cigarettes in favor of hookah, but when I'm out and feel the need I carry either a pack of Djarum Blacks, Specials or Bali Hais, or I load up my cigarette case with a pack of Pall Mall unfiltereds. They're strong and unrefined, almost at the polar opposite of hookah. The Pall Mall's, not the Bali Hai's. The kreteks are kind of a middle-ground. Cloves give you a great buzz thanks to an anesthetic chemical present in the clove. Eugenol, I think it's called. I call it yummy.

I just recently gave up on my cancer stick habit... I loved 'em but it was time for change. Hookah is now my choice smoke. I always enjoyed Kool Milds, Camel Wides, Camel Lights, and then whatever was buy one get one... yeah i was never really choosey. But it became a habit. Cloves were good once in a while but if you smoked cigs regularly and switched over to cloves- smoking them on the same basis as cigs you got tired of smoking really quick... The clove had that overpowering taste and heaviness on the lungs. But Bali's were always nice on occasion.

Wow, how'd I miss this... I LOVE Bali Hai's.... my favorite clove of all! If I can't afford a pack (WHY ARE THEY SO FREAKING $$$!) I'm only smoke cetain menthols like Marlbro Smooth...

Thankfully a single pack of anything will often last me 1-2 weeks... *snicker* tells you how much I smoke non-hookah stuff. I use my filter with cloves now (didn't to begin and they would make me sick) so the taste is weakened down and nice/mellow. smile.gif

Hookah Joe: the vanilla's (and cherry) I got tasted no different from the standard cloves, i was really kinda pissed... Edited by lazria

I'm a menthol guy and I catch a lot of flack about that sometimes. My cig of choice is definitely the Marlboro Menthol Smooth they are the far and away my favorite cigs, they're just too good. If for some reason I don't have those I also enjoy Kool Menthol Lights. In the rare occasion that I don't want a menthol, Parliaments are the cigs I go for, always have a pack around the apt somewhere, gotta love the recessed filter.

Hmm. I can tell a difference between the Djarum Vanillas and the Blacks. It's not significant, but the Vanillas seem less clove-y to me, and obviously have a slight hint of vanilla flavor. I prefer the Blacks, but the Vanillas are a nice change of pace (and that way nobody knows who's smoking a clove, so they don't know who to ask for one. smile.gif)

QUOTE (james @ May 8 2007, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sicklecow @ May 8 2007, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(and that way nobody knows who's smoking a clove, so they don't know who to ask for one. smile.gif )

Yeah. I hate that. I'm greedy with my cloves.

With good reason! They fricken expensive! I gave out 3 from my entire pack, haha. Maybe 4. I enjoy the sweet crackling noise the most. The taste is really nice too. I don't like smooths, its like a nasty minty cigarette.

I pretty much gave up smoking cigarettes when I got into hookah, but if I'm having some good beer or whiskey I like to roll up an unfiltered cig -- I prefer Bali Shag Light, sometimes standard, and Drum is alright too. Bali Shag generally stays fresher longer, though...

Hrmmm..

Anything Black and Mild is pretty much legit in my book, including the apple, the gold and milds, and the wine flavors.

As for cigs, I really enjoyed the camel exotic blends. Too bad cause it doesn't look like they make them anymore. My favorite was the midnight madness, which were the new years flavor for 2004. I swear when I had one, I went down to the liquor store and I cleaned them out. 8 packs for $50.

Other than that, anything camel and non-menthol is good. oh, and Marlboro no.27s are sweet too.

EDIT: Oh yeah orange, Izmir Stingers are good too. I smoked those when I was drunk. Edited by Zerodynamic

Guest Abide
Djarum blacks are where its at for clove. The djarum cigarillos are great too. Ive kinda started hand rolling some, Top, american spirit, and Zig Zag just to try it out.

My fav cloves are called Sokun Orange and are huge and unfiltered. They will usualyl sit you down.
If you're a clove addict check out www.rokozone.com I've ordered from there. Took a while to go through customs but was well packaged and dirt cheap. You have to spend a minimum of like $50 but last time i did got 1 carton of blacks, 1 carton of the djarum cigarillos and a carton of the oranges and actually made my money back selling about half them to friends for around 4-5 a pack and smoked the other half.

marlboro 27's were my main smokes for going on two years. i quit a couple months ago, and only smoke when i'm inebriated. On the occasions i do smoke, it's generally basic lights now(can't beat 2.94 a pack...), or i'm bumming off of people.

though, i must admit, every now and then i enjoy a nice menthol. Kool wides are amazing...but i couldn't ever smoke menthols for an extended period of time.

• 2 weeks later...
I use to smoke the Camel Exotic Blend cigarettes; Dark Mint, Mandarin Mint, Izmir Stingers. After the Exotic Blends were discontinued I switched to the Turkish blend, Turkish Gold to be exact, but I no longer smoke cigarettes.

generally i like du maurier lights when im local.
if im in the usa then i like marlboro lights or medium or newports.
if im in hong kong (or surrounding area) i like mild seven international.

recently when i was in windsor, a couple detroit girls let me try their marlboro menthol smooth and those are fantastic. wish i could get those here in toronto.