Howdy guys and gals!
I've been a reader of these awesome forums for some months now, but I finally decided to make an account, as I felt a strong urge to share my latest project with the world.
Short introduction about myself as this is my first post. I'm a 19 year old student, currently living in Bærum, Norway. Hookah has been a hoppy of mine for about two years I guess.
As the availability of hookahs here up nort in Norway is not very great, I decided that I would not buy my third pipe, but build it myself. So I found my paper and pencil and started scetching.
This hookah is mostly built out of tubes and pipes you normally use in your bathroom, but together with some other everyday objects, I've turned it into a hookah I can be proud of.
I tried to take as many photographs in could during the assembly proccess, so here we go!
First, the hoses. Originally I planned three hoses for the hookah, but later I had to do some design changes due to parts not fitting as I intended, so the final result does only have two hoses.
The following pictures were taken before I knew any of this, so here you'll see all the three hoses being assembled.
Here you see all the parts needed for one hose yet to be assembled.
And here follows some pictures of the finished hoses.
Next is some pictures of the hoses attached to the pipe going down to the smoke chamber. At the bottom of each pipe, you can see a ball valve working as an "on/off" switch for each hose.
Next thing was to seal the top of these pipes, as I've done here.
Then I fixed the holes in the base lid (well, it's actually my friend in the picture, starring as an up and coming hookah model ), so the pipes could go through easily.
Then I started cutting the pipes for the stem (Yes, that is me in the picture).
Then all the parts were ready for us to assemble.
Here is the final result (well, not final, as I made some changes to the base today and switched the tape holding the pipes together at the top with a real metal clamp, one picture down and you'll see v2.0).
And here is how it looks today, after the changes I made. I am very pleased with the final result.
The hookah is 100% air tight, and the ball valve system works perfectly. I was stupid enough to forget my camera when we smoked it today, so I've got no smoke pictures yet. But I will publish them after the next time I smoke. I must say thou, it was legendary. The hookah smoked way better than every hookah I've ever owned.
Please tell me what you think.