Attempt 1 at making my own Shisha = Success

Thats right, I actually did it. Not with fruit, not with jelly but with actual products that produce a shelf life. I am not going to reveal how I did this, its a bit more in depth then what I found online. 8)

I have a few kinks to work out. First it still has a mild tobacco taste. I am going to try some other raw tobacco from the areas. I want to try some Maryland tobacco when I get home for Christmas. Second, it was a bit like Tangiers at first. I had the coal in the middle and it had a slight burning of the throat, but after working with the coal I got rid of that.

I am quite happy with this. I made Orange and it turned out great. Its along the lines of Nakhla/ HookahHookah. Its more on the dry side, not dripping wet like your Layalina.

Thats my next goal, to hit that stage if I can. Once I hit this stage, if some people want to step forward and try some samples I would love to hear some feedback. If this works out, I will see what I can do to start selling it. I know there is some crap with Tobacco laws that I need to look into before selling. But this gives me more of a reason to get my lounge off the ground.

-Scott

Update: Session went well. Need to wash the tobacco again, it still has a damn strong nicotine buzz. I dont smoke jacks so it hits me harder than people that do. On a side note flavor was halfway there, still working on it. But the best part, 1 coal was too much heat, half a coal was still a bit to much. It smoked perfectly fine with 1/8th of a coal. I broke it up into 8-10 pieces and dropped 1 in the middle and it smoked like a champ.

I would definitely be interested in reviewing some free samples. I'm excited that we're (hopefully) going to have some new brands on the market. There are still a couple brands I've yet to try. So far I've had Romman, HookahHookah, Tangiers, Al-Amir, Fumari, Al-Waha, and Nahkla. I still want to try Havana, Layalina, and Al-Fakher. And of course, everyone's homemade shisha smile.gif

• 1 month later...