List: Nicotine Content per Tobacco

I'm making this post because lately I've been wondering what exactly the nicotine content is of the different tobacco's.  People feel free to add information, but only add what it says on the box/tub/container, this is to be a purely statistical/fact thread and not based on personal experiences with the tobacco's.  It is my hope that me making some lists like this will make the searching experience much easier for people seeking information instead of having to read through 40 different posts.  Again, feel free to add your own and I will attempt to keep a fairly accurate complete list throughout the post.(if possible, follow the same format)Nicotine Content per Tobacco ( shisha , maasell ) Brand:Al-Waha : ( AW , Al Waha )Nicotine Content:  0.05%Nakhla : (El Nakhla , EN )Nicotine Content:  0.5%Al Amir:  ( AA , Al-Amir )Nicotine Content:  0.05%Tangiers:Nicotine Content:  0.3%<additional keywords: nicotene stat >

I like the idea of this thread, and I also love your idea of compilinga
bunch of "list threads", making the search function even more
convenient. Grand idea mang.

One thing, I'm pretty sure Waha is .5%, not .05. Like I said, I'm not
positive, and I don't have a tub near me to verify, but I thought it
was .5.

Also,

[b][u]Al Fakher[/u][/b]

Nicotine Content: .05%

[u]Updated List:  Always refer to the list nearest the end of the thread/post.[/u][u]Al
Amir:[/u]  ( AA , Al-Amir )Nicotine Content:  0.05%[b][u]Al Fakher:[/u] ( AF
)[/b]Nicotine Content: .05%[u]Al-Waha [/u]: ( AW , Al
Waha )Nicotine Content:  0.5%[u]Havana:[/u]Nicotine
Content: 0.05%[u]Layalina:[/u]Nicotine
Content: 0.5%

[u]Nakhla :[/u] (El Nakhla , EN
)Nicotine Content:  0.5%

[u]Starbuzz:[/u]Nicotine
Content: 0.5%[u]Tangiers:[/u]Nicotine
Content:  0.3%

I'm glad someone is finally doing this. I do want to point out, nicotine numbers are not mandiated by federal laws nor are their numbers required to be correct. In fact, since crops of tobacco vary widely in nicotine content (From about 1.5%-5%, corresponding to .25 -1.2% (check my math!) nicotine, not to mention blending different tobaccos, these numbers will vary with time. Defining a number may be problematic, too, without chemical testing regularly. Some manufacturers switch between washed tobacco and unwashed tobacco (as I hear, rumor-wise) and some manufacturers claim their tobacco is unwashed when it really is (More rumors). It does give an excellent idea of whether a brand advertises that is washed or not, however. If people want a low nicotine tobacco, go for the .05%, if people want a full nicotine product, for the big buzz, .5% tobacco is the way to go. 

Fumari doesn't list its nicotine or tar content on its packaging.Tangiers, I think I remember you saying you used to work for them.  Any inside info you'd feel comfortable sharing?Personally, I'd guess that it's higher than the .05% tabaccos.  Maybe .3 or .5?

ya, if any retailers that happen to have some packages sitting around
wouldnt mind taking a look, then we can mostly finish up this list and
move on to some of the others I have planned.  This one has come along
great though, good job everyone.

[u]Updated List:  Always refer to the list nearest the end of the thread/post.[/u][u]Al
Amir:[/u]  ( AA , Al-Amir )Nicotine Content:  0.05%[b][u]Al Fakher:[/u] ( AF
)[/b]Nicotine Content: .05%[u]Al-Waha [/u]: ( AW , Al
Waha )Nicotine Content:  0.5%[u]Havana:[/u]Nicotine
Content: 0.05%
[b]Hookah-Hookah[/b]

Nicotine Content 0.5%
[u]Layalina:[/u]Nicotine

[u]Nahkla :[/u] (El Nahkla , EN , Nakhla
)Nicotine Content:  0.5%

[u]Starbuzz:[/u]Nicotine

[u]Tangiers:[/u]
Nicotine
Content:  0.3%[quote name='Tangiers']If people want a low nicotine tobacco, go for the .05%, if people want a full nicotine product, for the big buzz, .5% tobacco is the way to go. [/quote]

[quote name='crepenchicha']Fumari doesn't list its nicotine or tar content on its packaging.Tangiers, I think I remember you saying you used to work for them.  Any inside info you'd feel comfortable sharing?Personally, I'd guess that it's higher than the .05% tabaccos.  Maybe .3 or .5?[/quote]

I would also like to know the tar and nicotine content of Fumari. Based on my experience with it, I would guess it is a .05% though. I get a lot of long lasting flavor and thick smoke, but almost no headbuzz.

Cigarettes are between .7 and 1 mg of nicotine. Fumari's stuff should be .05%.Please note, I have found some interesting rumor information that the latest trend in the hookah world is to remove the nicotine and then claim it has full nicotine on the package (since their is no regulation of it).

I can't quite figure it out, either. I think it might be one-upsmanship...my tobacco has more nicotine and is smoother than yours...I have really wracked my brain. I think it might be not wanting to change the packaging. It might be not wanting to admit to the level of processing going on, because some manufacturers reps. I've heard still claim that "Brand X only contains natural fruit, honey and glycerine." Absurd. They may have no idea how to test the nicotine level. They want to try and satisfy the "I want a buzz." and "I want a smooth flavor." Crowds simultaneously when its antithetically impossible. Lets put it a different way. Go chew a nice piece of nicotine gum or chew some chewing tobacco. That, stinging, burning sensation is nicotine. You can't avoid that...these newer tobaccos are missing it and the characteristic nicotine-backnote-flavor. Irrespective of what their packaging says. Many flavors mask it well, some don't. There is no way to make something that contains nicotine taste like it doesn't contain nicotine (unless it has less than .5%)

• 5 months later...