I Want To Buy A New Pipe And It's Af Vs Km

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Feb 18 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you sure your not mistaking "pits" in your stem to be the design of it? i have a couple hundred on my AF hookah on the golden part... theyre designed that way

I hope you can tell me if these are on your hookah! I'm sorry for the crappy picture, its a really old digital camera. I was hoping to do a proper review when my g/f got her new camera (and when I have more free time), but I guess this will do.

Followoing two pics show a 8mm gash, which is about 3mm deep on the hookah stem (sorry for the crap picture, but the two red lines on the ruler denote 1cm). Thats the worst mark on the hookah

Pitted surface

looking through top of the base downwards, there's a lot of bubbles there, unfortunately the camera shake doesn't show this very well.

Biggest bubble in the base, about 5mm across

bubbles close to the surface of the glass, they look like blisters and i could probably pop them

More pics of base, hopefully you can see the bubbles, there literally dozens of the little blitters

I'll try to get some proper pics when my g/f gets here camera. There's some pitting on the brass sections, but since the brass bits are patterned they doesn't show up very well on my camera, but its really noticeable when you see it in person and its clearly not part of the patterning!

oh ok now i see what you mean by the pits on the stem... personally i wouldnt mind that, it gives it a sort of "rustic" look. though i have none of those on my stem.

as for your base - i think i can see 1 or 2 bubbles in my AF base. you got some serious quality control shafting on that you should have e-mailed them as soon as u got it.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Feb 19 2008, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh ok now i see what you mean by the pits on the stem... personally i wouldnt mind that, it gives it a sort of "rustic" look. though i have none of those on my stem.

as for your base - i think i can see 1 or 2 bubbles in my AF base. you got some serious quality control shafting on that you should have e-mailed them as soon as u got it.

I know mate, I should have! sad.gif

But unfortunately I live in the UK and sending the hookah back will cost about $80 (I asked them to check over the thing over before sending it). Ah well nevermind, at least it smokes well

I considered getting an AF (26") before I finally settled on my Syrian, but after reading some negative reviews I figured, if I'm gonna buy a hookah brand new, why chance getting one with problems. I would definitely get a KM if I were you. I haven't read one negative thing about KM's of significance, yet I have read a bunch about the quality problems with AF's hookahs. Although, I don't own either. pirate.png