Exotica Update

Well ive been kinda praising the whole give them another try thing, and believed everyone that said this mess was over. so on i think the 16th or the 17th i ordered another box from hc.

every single one has tiny white spots on them. i don't even want to try lighting them cause im affraid of the smell.

so is it pointless to contact exotica imports? or should i contact hc?

i guess the tiny white spots are common and i did smoke them and it does appear that nothings wrong with them. Edited by zeppyrkr

QUOTE (zeppyrkr @ Jan 22 2008, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the spots do seem light and if you rub them they go away so there only on the top layer although a few have the more notable streaks of silverish on them.

Mine have too, my third box i might add, and they smell a little. But smoke ok.

So try them Allready!

i just lit a side to see if they smell and actually no well i mean a little but i was sticking it up my noise practically lol

also i lit one that was what i thought in between my good ones and the worse one, theres like 3 that i will never light. Edited by zeppyrkr

Can't really say anything bad about them until you've tried them.

Light them up outside, and if they smell, then... well... I'm pretty sure JD said it the best.

Edit:
Of course you would edit while I'm posting... =P Edited by Bryantos

well still it sucks that when you buy a box your not fully guaranteed a full box of good ones, its to bad ive really been supporting exotica.

well i just got off the phone with hc, omg that was the best support of my life!!!! and shes says they will most likely send me a new box, but i even told i would feel bad because it looks like only 1/4 of the box is unusable, we'll see but on a good note my phunnel came in perfect condition, smile.gif Edited by zeppyrkr

For the record, I just got several boxes from both MNH and H-S, and I checked them all and they all look beautiful... not the slightest problem in any of them! Personally, I won't give up hope just yet... I just got into these after all smile.gif

QUOTE (zeppyrkr @ Jan 22 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well ive been kinda praising the whole give them another try thing, and believed everyone that said this mess was over. so on i think the 16th or the 17th i ordered another box from hc.

every single one has tiny white spots on them. i don't even want to try lighting them cause im affraid of the smell.

so is it pointless to contact exotica imports? or should i contact hc?

god ive been supporting this guy screw him. and i aplogize to all the people i was getting mad at for saying things like this, its way different when you have the bad coals. so im sorry.

I would call the vendor that sold them to you before you post negative. Since you have not even tried maybe they are willing to help.

I always ask for help before I bad mouth anyone and then after they are to refuse thats when I cut loose.

Well, I have some still on order, 5 boxes, but its from H-S, who will replace them if they are bad, and they check them before shipping, so I'm pretty sure its fine. But the fact that people are still getting bad ones shows that Gabriel didn't do what he needed to to stop the sale of the bad ones.

QUOTE (oolatec @ Jan 22 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine that I bought local at Guess Hookah in Chicago ($4.99 a box) look just fine. Sucks that so many have gotten bad batches... and I won't begin to go into how the company has handled the situation...

I picked up a case full (12 boxes) from a local middle eastern mart yesterday (had them for $4 bucks a box) and each and every box looked great.

well after looking through and fully burning one, i think there fine, i also talked to exotica imports and he also said that it happens and theres nothing wrong with them and its kinda hard for me to get a bad one when hc wasn't shipped any of the bad ones, but i swear 2 or 3 of them are just as bad as snoops and others. sorry for the scare and im still an exotica fan and im looking forward to the new ones coming out, they made them better i guess.

well, im trying my new batch of Nours. I remembered them beind denser when i used them a few years ago. These are soft and lots of ash. Not lasting like I remember them lasting.

Are they any other dense smooth coals out there. I'd use the exoticas but after my experience, I don't want to give any more of my money to them. Too bad, as I liked them a LOT.

ah well..I'll keep trying.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Jan 22 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya, im going to order some stargates when I order my Tonic.

Considering Jap coals as well.

stargates have done me well. each bag is like the last and ive gone through about 10 bags of em. even so, a couple bags i had the coals would split right down the middle when heated. dry.gif