Exotica Disposal

I went about the arduous task of throwing out my Exoticas today... arduous because before doing so I wanted to get photographic evidence as proof that there were much more than 60 cases damaged. These are what Gabe and ::CENSORED:: called "definitely fine", and "shipped after the 60 cases had been replaced".

Here they are laid out around my kitchen. You can see that the boxes are clearly water-damaged.

Here are the various piles. Note that ~25 sticks are missing, the very worst ones actually, because I threw them away before bothering to test them. They were absolutely covered in that white junk. Every pile of sticks in these pictures has had testing done on at least one stick, in fact the best-looking stick.

Now the sticks on this last layout are the cream of the crop, that is to say the best-looking and the ones I hoped I would be able to salvage at least a few out of. But nope, even the 6 best-looking sticks turned out to be crap, as you'll see.

Here is the very best-looking stick from the best-looking box. I tested out the best 6 before tossing all of them away, in addition to the dozen-or-so tests I'd already done. I got such a fucking headache from this. This is fresh off the stove, and you can see the cracks pretty clearly.

Here it is after being wetted. In the background you can sort of see the garbage pail filled with the other 5 tests.

And here is the proof that I will not be using them in any way shape or form.

I thought it would be delightfully ironic to prove beyond a doubt the unusability of these dreadful coals, by covering them in the very same brand of hot sauce as the box they were shipped to me in.

As a side note, the guys upstairs came down and complained because the smell was so bad, and they don't complain about anything.

As a final word, I've had problems with all 4 of the boxes I had before these. I estimate that 1 in 4 had a smell, sort of like a campfire, and imparted at least some small taste to any tobacco it was used on. I estimate that 1 in 5 cracked or exploded either during heating or during use. These aren't major problems, I'm just adding this as a note on their inconsistency.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ alive Gaia. What the hell is the matter with you man?

Everyone knows that you put Ketchup with coals - not Sriracha Hot Chilli sauce. Sheesh tongue.gif

/Topic

Well I may have gotten lucky with what I had thus far. I'm beginning to wonder if my next order should include some different coals.

I heard somewhere that you can get triangle coals. Anyone know these?

JD

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Jan 20 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think Toblerone makes them.

and nestle make toblerone. see? its all a vicious circle, fuelled and funded by McDonalds..where do you think the funding for all these terrorist attacks is coming from?!

EDIT: oh nd toblerone charcoals would be cool. Edited by mathuv

I just found a supplier for coconut coals that will ship to Canada... theHookah.com.

The problem is that their shipping prices are twice that of most vendors. $10 for the coals, $20 for the S&H. So I might just wait a week or two for H-S to get them.

If one of you Yankee members ends up ordering them for much cheaper shipping, let us know how they are!

I am starting to feel lucky because so far I have not had any problems with exoticas. Actually my clients now demand exotica for their coal at the lounge. Last night I pulled a trick and used stargate to see if anyone would notice and man the did.

I am only stating that I have been lucky and have been sent direct from exotic imports all my exoticas and so far they are all the way they should be.

I do know when I had a problem with a hookah I ordered from gabe He didn't even ? me he sent me a total new hookah and said keep the broken one for spare parts. Since I did order 25 hookahs that order Spare parts are always good to have around.

I must say this does not sound like the Gabe I have done business with at all. The Gabe I have done lots of buying from is laid bak and to the point.

I am lost on the feuding.

Bubba

Here ya go.

I did not bother to light any, been there done that, it smells to much even outside. Also I wanted to show that the box on top was good from the same place I got three boxes. two are bad, one is from another vendor that I am still waiting for a reply.

As you can see 2 coals gone from one box, none from one and one from one.

I like more mustard then ketchup, there ya go JD coals with ketchup.

Need receipts now?

Date Ordered: Thursday 10 January, 2008

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Tangiers Premium 250g (HT_TAN_001) = $12.00
Choose Flavor Mimon(Lemon Mint)
Choose Flavor Kashmir Peach 38
1 x Exotica Square Finger Coals (1 Kilo) (MNH_EXC_002) = $8.49
Choose Flavor Brambleberry
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $44.49
United States Postal Service (1 x 4.983lbs) (PRIORITY): $9.05
Total: $53.54

Your payment for $156.49 USD to Payment:CENSORED:hookahs.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

The Hookah comes with All normal necessities; grommets, bowl, tongs.

As far as a windcover large enough to use on Funnels, yes I have some. I just test fitted it on your EXACT hookah with a Medium Funnel and a Small funnel. The windcover fits over both of them perfectly fine.

I will add the cleaning kit to the total as well.

As far as anything else I can recommend you to order...all I can say is Al Amir Apple. The stuff is amazing and everyone I refer it to falls in love with it. It DOES NOT have the Anise flavor, so most people love it. It will not give you a buzz (unlike tangiers) so it will be quite a different experience.

I'll go ahead and tally up the total now. I do not know your zip code...but based on your Area code, your're from an area of Wisconsin close to Green Bay; so I'll do a shipping quote based on that.

The Break Down:
26" Syrian - $99.99
3 Exoticas - $25.47
Cleaning Kit - $4.99
Windcover - $5.99
Al Amir Apple 250g - $7.99
Shipping - UPS Ground - 16 Pounds - $17.00

Total - $161.43
Discount - 10% - $14.443

Grand Total - $146.99

The total sent was more because I added another tub of tobacco

There ya go Bulldog. What more do you need? Edited by Snoopy1966

I found today in a local supermarket, natural wood coals. I didn't buy them yet but will when my charcoal runs out. I mean, nothing very exotic, I mean, esoteric about coal, it's just charred wood for God's sake. I think we are kind of being ripped off at outrageous prices for something that is very easy to make at home or purchase if it is not grossly overpriced because it's for 'hookahs'.

The triangle coals are my go-to coal. They are called "Baroody Wood Coals," and they're great. I buy them for 4 bucks a kilo at a local grocery. Maybe it's because of how well they work that I could never bring myself to pay more than twice what I already pay for coals to try exoticas. Looks like I made the right choice. If you search, you'll find a topic by me with some pictures of the coals (the pictures suck, and don't do the coals justice though).

Edit: here's the link
http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showt...&hl=baroody Edited by poopooshaboo

WE HAVE THE BEST COALS IN THE WORLD. STOP BASHING EXOTICA COALS I WILL TAKE YOU ALL TO COURT FOR FRAUD. ALL OF THE BAD BATCHES WERE TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!!

MUSHRAT CLOSE THIS THREAD, THERE IS NO FURTHER NEED TO KEEP BUMPING THIS.

ALL YOUR IPS HAVE BEEN LOGGED
AND IAM BRINGING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU TO COURT FOR ASSOCIATING A BAD NAME WITH MY COMPANY.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Jan 20 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Christ alive Gaia. What the hell is the matter with you man?

Everyone knows that you put Ketchup with coals - not Sriracha Hot Chilli sauce. Sheesh tongue.gif

/Topic

Well I may have gotten lucky with what I had thus far. I'm beginning to wonder if my next order should include some different coals.

I heard somewhere that you can get triangle coals. Anyone know these?

JD

I think the word was that Nours have moved from round to triangular.

QUOTE (clickhea @ Jan 20 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WE HAVE THE BEST COALS IN THE WORLD. STOP BASHING EXOTICA COALS I WILL TAKE YOU ALL TO COURT FOR FRAUD. ALL OF THE BAD BATCHES WERE TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!!

AND IAM BRINGING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU TO COURT FOR ASSOCIATING A BAD NAME WITH MY COMPANY.

...one word..WHY?!

QUOTE (clickhea @ Jan 20 2008, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belive that was a poor attempt at humor...ar ar. Stand very still, if you hear a whooshing sound behind you try not to flinch, you won't feel a thing. dry.gif

QUOTE (mathuv @ Jan 20 2008, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (clickhea @ Jan 20 2008, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...one word..WHY?!

that was 3.

This is all the evidence i need to never ever use exoticas.

Maybe Gabe has an evil twin?

QUOTE (bubbascigars @ Jan 20 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am starting to feel lucky because so far I have not had any problems with exoticas. Actually my clients now demand exotica for their coal at the lounge. Last night I pulled a trick and used stargate to see if anyone would notice and man the did.

I am only stating that I have been lucky and have been sent direct from exotic imports all my exoticas and so far they are all the way they should be.

I do know when I had a problem with a hookah I ordered from gabe He didn't even ? me he sent me a total new hookah and said keep the broken one for spare parts. Since I did order 25 hookahs that order Spare parts are always good to have around.

I must say this does not sound like the Gabe I have done business with at all. The Gabe I have done lots of buying from is laid bak and to the point.

I am lost on the feuding.

Bubba