So I Just Tried My Exoticas From...

A certain unnamed vendor. The packages had looked fine, in better shape than the ones I had gotten from PirateHookahs... and the sticks looked the same. But when I fired them up today (tried sticks from each box), every single one got that scaly-skin look and smelled disgusting. The point is that these were all part of the "sale" this dubious vendor was putting on, 3 boxes for $18. Coincidence? Not a chance. Scammed out of $70, including shipping dry.gif . Will never shop there again.

oh snap. that sucks man. did you read the thread talking about a shitty batch of exoticas? everyone's probably trying to unload the shitty ones before anyone catches on

so basically wat we have discovered.. bad batches went out.. they were replaced by exotics but they didn't take the old ones back and now vendors have twice as many coals as they can sell them cheap even tho they are shit because they are the bad batches???

yea seems like exotica had changed their formula but vendors still have old crap and sell it, whether they know they are bad or not they should bite the bullets and get rid of them saying thye coudl be the bad batch or try to return them. I am lucky my one from MN are the good ones

QUOTE (mdl @ Jan 14 2008, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you contacted the vendor and asked for a refund?

I'd be so awe-struck that I would eat my hose. I'll wait and see what happens for Snoopy, but I am severely pessimistic.

6 of the 6 boxes I received are complete garbage... is that coincidence? The sale was to unload the bogus Exoticas and minimize his losses, by passing them on 3x to his customers. Edited by gaia.plateau

I got a reply back and he said he will take care of it. He will replace my 2 boxes when he gets his next shipment in, so that is cool.

One question I would like to know. Did this whole container get held back and no more got out? I think any case in the container that went through that terrible storm would have wrecked anything inside it. The amount of moisture would have ruined the whole container. So if they did let any out from the container,that is the problem, not just the boxes that we could all see were wet. The whole container should have been destroyed.

I got 3 boxes from HS today and they are perfect. I am still waiting for a reply from Gabe about another company I got a box of Exoticas from also today.

Please before anyone freaks, I am not bashing Exotica, I love the coals, just wondering wtf is going on.

Just got a response from Jimmy. Even though other Exotica orders I've received have been fine, even though this was one of the mildest and driest Winters in Canadian history, and even though other customers in the Southern United States have had the same problem...

He blames the Canadian climate. Right.

QUOTE (ZenSilk @ Jan 14 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't we just order from Exotica Imports?

That makes everything simple.

Well, the way the market works is

Comapny makes coals -> Company is too busy making product to market them themselves so they sell them to a wholesaler for a cheap price -> Vendors buy from wholsaler at a slightly higher, but still extremly cheap price -> Vendor sells to us with yet another mark up.

The company that makes the item sells in bulk so they can get rid of large quantities at a time. They want to do little to nothing with the individual consumer, which is us.

However for small businesses its different, but from how many cases I saw in the pictures, hes pretty much past the mark of dealing with individual consumers. Edited by Bryantos

I'm too frustrated that a good chunk of my grocery bill for next month is going toward new coals, to think positively.

If I ever save the Western Hemisphere from nuclear annihilation in my career as an international mediator, I'm sending him a bill.

Yeah, but that's a lower shipping cost than most other places. It's about 4 bucks right? I pay usually 6 bucks for shipping from most vendors. Lowest 5. Highest 8.

Your guranteed good coals though. That's all I want at this moment.