Herbal Sheesia

Just remember, the main ingrdient has nothing "herbal" about it. It's sugar cane fiber. The few times I've tried it if you get any flavour at all it lasts about 15 minutes then it tastes like you are smoking wood chips. Which, in a sense, you are. This is Soex for the record. They list their main ingredient in pig latin as Ugarsay Anecay Agasseybay. If they are that dishonest about their ingredients, no telling what else is in it.

my $.02

To be honest you are not gaining any life or saving it by smoking this herbal stuff, you are still smoking and any form of it is still bad. Personally I feel that it is pointless to smoke something that just has lighter effects on a harmful practice itself. Its almost like telling a cocaine addict he can still do cocaine but only a smaller dosage a day.....

Thats my 2 cents

QUOTE (Gaara @ Oct 22 2007, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO, it is safer compared to tobacco but it tastes like shit in my experience with Soex.

If you're going to be smoking in the first place, at least enjoy it to the fullest extent.

Sorry Gaara, I'm not trying to be an ass here, but what makes you believe it's safer compared to tobacco?

I've never seen anything to suggest that.

JD

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Oct 22 2007, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IMO, it is safer compared to tobacco but it tastes like shit in my experience with Soex.

If you're going to be smoking in the first place, at least enjoy it to the fullest extent.

Sorry Gaara, I'm not trying to be an ass here, but what makes you believe it's safer compared to tobacco?

JD

You honestly don't think that tobacco is more harmful than sugarcane extracts?

QUOTE (Gaara @ Oct 22 2007, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JD

Your kidding right. You don't honestly think that smoking Sugarcane extracts is LESS harmfull than tobacco?

My point is this - People have been smoking,chewing,rubbing,humping tobacco for the past 200 years [give or take a bit]

It has a proven track record - one know's exactly what one gets from tobacco.

I'm not sure the same could be said about 'herbal' alternatives?

JD

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Oct 22 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Gaara @ Oct 22 2007, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JD

Your kidding right. You don't honestly think that smoking Sugarcane extracts is LESS harmfull than tobacco?

My point is this - People have been smoking,chewing,rubbing,humping tobacco for the past 200 years [give or take a bit]

It has a proven track record - one know's exactly what one gets from tobacco.

I'm not sure the same could be said about 'herbal' alternatives?

JD

Using your arguement, can you honestly say that it isn't LESS harmful then? If you don't know the facts, don't try to convince others of it's "so-called" danger over tobacco. It's much better to remain neutral on this until some facts are known and some research has been done.

if you smoke something. its not good for you.

Johnny D is arguing that its not safe to smoke it. he's merely relating that why hamper your smoking experience by limiting yourself to herbal alternatives that will still harm you.

It is proven that tobacco has carcinogens, released primarily when heated to high temperatures. This is because people have been using it for so long.

If you go smoke paper it will not be good for you. If you smoke anything it is going to leave some kind of deposit on your lungs.

QUOTE (Gaara @ Oct 22 2007, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JD

It's not sugar cane extracts, its sugar cane fiber..the actual cellulose part of the sugar cane.

Hey - if I'm going to get screwed - I might as well enjoy myself. Considering how unhealthy any kind of smoke in the lungs is - the less danger with herbal shisha is probably trivial (I'm no expert). So I might as well enjoy myself and go all out with a Zaghloul. Nakhla is just not giving me any buzz. That's my thinking.

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Oct 22 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you smoke something. its not good for you.

Johnny D is arguing that its not safe to smoke it. he's merely relating that why hamper your smoking experience by limiting yourself to herbal alternatives that will still harm you.

It is proven that tobacco has carcinogens, released primarily when heated to high temperatures. This is because people have been using it for so long.

If you go smoke paper it will not be good for you. If you smoke anything it is going to leave some kind of deposit on your lungs.

Thanks. At least someone understands the point i'm trying to make. rolleyes.gif

JD

QUOTE (Saravyn @ Oct 22 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Using your arguement, can you honestly say that it isn't LESS harmful then? If you don't know the facts, don't try to convince others of it's "so-called" danger over tobacco. It's much better to remain neutral on this until some facts are known and some research has been done.

I'm not trying to convice anything of a damn thing. Smoke what you like.

The point I am trying to make has been spelled out above by EternalSoil

JD

To me the affects of herbal shisha will be as unknown as normal shisha. Smoking anything is bad, I will give you that. But any study on tobacco shisha is always bias, and depending on how it is tested one result will vary from another. The same will go with the herbal brands. Just remember smoking anything is not healthy.